Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

New member and bearmaker crisw is asking...!  Hope you'll share what you know.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

As a dedicated embroiderer of traditional noses, I shall wait for the answer with baited breath!  I'm assuming a wire is baked into the clay?

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi Paula,

I have to start by saying I love your bears.

In my experience with polymer noses, a really good glue works very well.  You could also put a wire on the backside but that might create pressure on the polymer clay and it could break free.  E6000 glue is very strong glue.  Also Magnatac Glue is iron clad.  I have tested it mysel by really pulling on a  finished, glued-on nose.  They stayed put.

Hope this helps.:D

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Thanks Judi

I was figuring that, but I would have tried the wire in back too- your point on that is well taken.

By-the-way My honey still can't get over your bears.....this is a good thing.....makes it easier to shop for supplies as I continue the quest.

Dilu

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Dilu...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It took a while for my hubby to see this 'bear thing' as something very worthwhile too.  Now he really enjoys seeing what is next.  Since he is a dairy farmer , I made a very large Queen Cow sitting in a throne.  He has placed her high on a plant shelf in a place of honor.;)

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Oh Judi, that cow sounds like  a real scream ! Can you post her picture here,  I'd love to see this queen...Winney

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Yes Judi-  we would love to see her, esxpecially after the dancing with the cows story....which was just toooo funny

Dilu

Board footer