Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

purelyneysa Purely Neysa
Indiana, PA
Website

Elvis-1.jpgGood Morning,

My latest, what do you think?

The velour upholestry fabric is stretched on a canvas stretcher board, and then I placed 1 inch nu-foam (a 1 inch batt sheet used for pillows) into the frames back so I would have something for my needled batting to stick to.

Neysa

purelyneysa Purely Neysa
Indiana, PA
Website
rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

LOL - Great minds... etc..

I've got a bear peeking out over a frame's edge! Not finished, though.

purelyneysa Purely Neysa
Indiana, PA
Website

B. how's the knee?

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Hurting today! 4 weeks from today I'm under the knife - Thk goodness!!
Thx for asking!

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

What will you think of next! Great idea, and I love the velvet Elvis painting tie in!
Do you remeber me Neysa? We sat at the same dinner table at one of the first bear shows I ever went to. I still don't attend alot of shows. This year was a record year for me with three.

Neysa read your article on feltiing into mohair (like the dog in your avitar) and it inspired me to make a "Furbaby" which I then taught a class on at my doll guild's "Dollcamp". They loved it! Thanks for sharing!
IMG_2383.JPG

Robbie, I used one of your kits to felt my first little bear (Teddy Boy) I found the instructions so good I recommend them to anyone who asks about felting. Thank you too!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Neysa, I think your work is fab.  :clap:

purelyneysa Purely Neysa
Indiana, PA
Website

Good Morning!

Thank you, Elvis was fun, what better name; now I'm working on a Basset Hound. His head will come out farther and his ears will hang out and down over the frame. His backing is cross stitch canvas. I'll do him the same as Elvis.

Tami, give me some more info. on when we met, was it in Columbus?

Neysa

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Yes, Neysa. It was Columbus Teddy Bear Fair. 96 or 97 maybe. You were just starting your European tours, I think, and you and I were trying to convince my hubby it would be a good idea to go! He remained unconvinced!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Neysa!! very clever!! What a brilliant concept bear_thumb
Tami, love the wee fur baby bear_flower I love the detail in the nose and mouth.

Its taking me ages to catch up on everything I've missed here on TT.

Board footer