Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Hi Shelli,
I signed up for the April Nevada City Show. I got my packet in the mail yesterday with lodging info. Just wondered if there is a "favorite" place where the artists stay? I would kind of like to be near where others are staying.
Thanks
Sonya

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Hi Sonya,
Not Shelli, but I will give you an answer.  There are several of us that stay at The Outside Inn.  It is about three blocks from the show and many of us carpool or walk to the show.  We usually try to have a get together at the cottage there at the Inn on Friday night.  In the past when the weather has permitted we have taken over the picnic tables there also.  The only other one that many use is on the other side of the highway.  I can't think of it's name right now.  It doesn't have the same atmosphere as the Outside Inn.  Northern Queen is the name.  The old hotels have charm but many times not hot water etc.  There is the Miner's Inn that has been remodeled within the last few years.  It is a ways away.  There is one other one that is pretty charming and I will get the name of it for you.  If you want the Outside Inn you better call now.  Or let me know if you want a roommate because I know someone who stays there that would not mind sharing the expense if it will just be you.
Hope I have helped a little.  Oh, the Outside Inn has a good website with a virtual tour.
Donna

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Thanks Donna, I will get ahold of them. It will be me and my fiance'. My son wants us to stay at his house, but he is in Sacremento and that is a long drive. They will just have to come up to Nevada City to see us. lol. Thanks so much for the info.
Hugs
Sonya

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey, sorry I didn't get to this earlier; I was at the movies with husband and stepson!  Donna has covered you nicely with her info about the Outside Inn.  My parents stayed there two years ago and liked it a lot, and I was lucky to visit with Donna and Scott and friends at the "cottage" there last year; very fun!

I tend to go for the romantic bed & breakfast type places because I take my husband with me and make him workhorse the table right beside me!  So I figure I owe him a nice evening and a good breakfast out of it and treat him to the weekend in return.  We stayed at a lovely B & B right up the street last time and I liked it a lot.  Must look up the name... The Parsonage.  http://www.theparsonage.net/index.html   It's very cozy -- I don't think our room had a TV if you want one of those! -- and was just right for a weekend getaway.

In the past we've also stayed at The National Hotel but we were very disappointed in the room there, despite its large size.  It's a historic hotel and looks the part but it seemed at that time like historic also meant "kinda musty and not well kept up" so we passed on it the second year I went to NC.

Donna is a long time NC show go-er so she's your absolutely best resource for everything about that show!

I haven't sent in my registration yet but totally plan on going to NC for April 2007 so I'm incredibly excited to meet you, Sonya!  Yay!

Dorothy Miss Dorothy's TeddyFolk
Alpine Ca.

I've stayed at several places in Nevada City and Grass Valley, the Outside in is my favorite! I have already booked my room for next year. Also Ike's Quarter cafe is a great place for breakfast, just down the road from the Inn.
Dorothy

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

There is a new hotel being built in downtown Grass Valley.  I'll drive by today to see what kind.  I think maybe Holiday Inn or something like that and I'll try to find out when they expect it to be up and running.

Here's the info on the new hotel:

Motels and Hotels
      Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites     
  121 Bank Street
  Grass Valley  CA  95945
  Opening first quarter of 2007. Located in the Historic District of Grass Valley. Nearby recreation: Golfing, Snow Skiing, Boating, Cycling and much more. Call us for future reservations.
Phone: (530)477-1700
  Fax: (530)477-2058

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Thanks everyone! Great information. I am so excited to do this show. I booked the Wildflower room at the Outside Inn and look forward to meeting everyone. I think this is going to be an incredible show.
Sonya

Burbank, CA

Sonya,
Plan on coming up to the cottage for some munchies and lots of bear talk.  I really feel one of the important parts of doing shows is getting together with other bear artists.   For many of us this is a once a year chance to get caught up on what everyone is doing. 
Bear Hugs,
Donna

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Sounds great to me Donna! I will see you there!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Can I come too...???   bear_cry

Hey Donna, is Scott doing the show this year?  I wrote him an email a while back but he never got back to me.  More  bear_cry   How's he doing???

Burbank, CA

All TTer's are invited up to the cottage on Fri. night.  Bring munchies and what ever you want to drink.  Scott is planning to be there.  He is working such long hours and such weird shifts that he does not have much energy on his days off.  He is in the same work mode my hubby was in for over five years.  It really takes a toll on the body when you work 12-14 hr. shifts.  He has to find some time to make some bears besides get some much needed sleep.  Thanks for asking about him.
Donna

cbearlover Teddies by Connie
Nevada City

Hi Sonya

Donna has given you good info on motel for Nevada City 2007.  I am the one that sent you an application of the show.  Its a fun one!!!!

Looking forward to meeting you. 

Hopefully will all have a chance to meet and chat bear talk at Donna's cottage....am i invited too, Donna..???

I am also excited every year..even excited when it is over and  then get ready for next year.

see you in April
connie
nevada city ca

sewing stars sewing stars
providence, rhode island

i just booked the Outside inn too!! i am so excited & scared about doing this show...eep! any advice from others who have done it for newbies? how many bears should i have to take?? i hope i get to hang out with you when we are all there... bear_wub

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Hey Teresa, this will be my first time doing this show too. I look forward to meeting you. I don't know how this show would be much different than others, but I usually try to take about 15 or so bears.
Sonya

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Hi all,  I'm doing the Nevada City show too.  It will be my first show ever!   Eeeeeek.  I'm a little nervous. bear_shocked  bear_shocked

I live about 15 minutes from the Miner's Foundry where the show is held, so if anyone needs help with anything, let me know.

cbearlover Teddies by Connie
Nevada City

Hi everyone

So glad that you new bear artist for this show in Nevada City are excited.  Will be looking forward to meeting all you bear lovers.

If you need any help let me know.  I am only a stones throw away from the show.

I just finished my last show of the year and taking a few days off ..get this...to clean house.  Its been a while...haha

I have had a good year with the shows and i am excited for next year.  Have already booked 8 shows for the first six months of next year.

SPREAD THE WORD...WE WOULD LOVE MORE NEW  BEAR ARTISTS IN NEVADA CITY IN APRIL

see you in april
connie

Board footer