Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Anyone fancy a Christmas challenge?

We'll keep it nice and broad so that you can all include your special Christmas designs.  Deadline is CHRISTMAS EVE of course!!

By the way, does anyone know what's happening with the Challenge Gallery .. it would be lovely to be able to see all the Christmas bears in a gallery together. bear_thumb

Right, on your marks everyone!  Get set, GO ..... !!!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I'll see if i can manage a Crimbo bear Paula - who knows, i may just make the deadline.

Great idea  :dance:

Penny  bear_tongue

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Great idea!
I have so many christmas ideas at the moment.  Probably because its got a bit colder and the evenings have got darker - Christmas is definitely on the way!!

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

What a great idea Paula!
I've got a few orders at the moment, but I hope I can make a Christmas bear to post!

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

I will have a go.
At the moment I have a Christmas swap, Christmas ornamont, commissioned bear, and getting ready for a large craft market.
Whats one more challenge, keeps the mind and fingers busy..

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I am just finishing a christmas bear. My first ever.  bear_wub  and I'm dying to do another  bear_grin
and another and another and another................ :crackup:

Kent
Website

Great!  That's seven Christmas treats to get us started!!  I have a lovely piece of deep red mohair, just waiting for a Christmas makeover and now I have the excuse to make time for it!  :dance:

Looking forward to seeing all the festive bears (or friends!)   bear_thumb

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

woohoo Paula!! For once I am ahead of the challenge (says she who is yet to post her picture of the disastrous classic challenge bear and who's anime bear is still a disembodied distant purple relation of ET)

I finished and sold my first Christmas bear last Thursday....but I do have plans to make more if I can ever find my way back to my sewing! 

BTW luxurious red mohair sounds divine - I can't WAIT to see what festive creation springs to life.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

:dance: I'll see if I can join in on that one too. Sound like fun.  :dance:

Kent
Website

Yay!!! Nine of us to deck the TT halls!  Brilliant!!!  :dance:  :dance:

StarHawk2003 VallierBears
Shropshire

What is the basis of the challenge, is it just christmas theme, So colour or clothing or type and acessiores?

Richy~

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oohhhhh I might just be able to do it this time!  I just ordered some lovely red mohair.... bear_wub

Kent
Website

Richy, the challenge is to make a Christmassy bear ... that's all.  So, go wherever your imagination takes you and have fun!

Good to have you on board Laura!  Ho ho ho!!!!  bear_tongue

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

I started a Christmas bear way back in July and have yet to finish it so this is the perfect motivation for me - count me in.

Kent
Website

Excellent!  Thanks Melanie!!  bear_thumb

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

That sounds like FUN Paula!! Count me in ladies bear_thumb
Bear hugs and Golly smiles.
Gladys bear_flower
Can a Golly joint too?

Kent
Website

Nice to have you with us Gladys!  bear_thumb

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

I'm in too! I will make some for Christmas show in Moscow.  :hug:

hugs, Julia

Kat Brierley Bears
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Website

I just have a panda to finish, then I'll have a go too.  bear_thumb

Kent
Website

More of you!  How lovely!  I'm really looking forward to these bears!   bear_flower

I've just finished my first Christmas bear 'Christmas Wishes'.  She's already in the bears for sale section (fingers crossed) but I'll pop her in here too.  I haven't started on my red bear yet, I'm trying to clear a few orders first and then I'm looking forward to getting started.  Anyway, here's Christmas Wishes to get us started ...

Wishessupersize2.jpg

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Loving the swirly Lilac on Christmas Wishes...really lovely!! bear_wub

This is Tinsel.  I just finished up him and his little tinsel snowflake "balloon".  I have a larger red mohair bear (special gift) that I hope to have for the challenge soon.  This special bear will have some unconventional paw pads, but it fits the theme so well.

So, here's Tinsel.  He'll be listed for sale in the coming week.
Merry Merry!! (we need a holiday smile face) bear_original
TinsleSideBalloonTT3.jpg

:hug:
~Chrissi

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

miniatyrnalle1.jpgMade a miniature bear last night (he has no name yet, poor thing!) and thought he would be suitable in the christmas challenge  bear_original  He is about 3" standing and made of viscose.

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

polly2.jpgI posted Polly, my Christmas panda over in the bears for sale section....have just sewn up Christmas bear #3 for an order so watch this space....

I love Christmas Wishes, Tinsel and Jennie's wee soul....keep 'em coming!!

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

OOOH These are wonderfully festive bears!! Paula Christmas wishes has such a lovely holiday sparkle about her!
Chrissi, once again your little bear  with the big bear personality wows me. What a thoughtful face.
Jennie, your Chrsitmas cutie seems to be wishing for a hug!
And Melissa, I love your tiny panda with his wee red nose! I've got a soft spot for pandas!
I've got a couple of orders to do before I get my challenge bear done...

Kent
Website

What lovely additions to the Christmas Challenge!  Jennie, your little fella reminds me of a character from Dickens!  He looks a little sad and a little hopeful ... so sweet.  Polly the panda is such a festive cutie with her Rudolph nose and little Tinsel is adorable gazing up at her snowflake!

Board footer