Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Wendy, think you're being way too hard on yourself!!  Your little cheub is a cutie  bear_innocent

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

OK folks I love bear_wub  :hug:  your compliments but really I must clear this up.
I only have a wee cutie of a mini because I seeked advice. I made mistakes.....and was able to fix them because I waited for advise.  I didnt want to blunder in like I usually do :redface:  and ruin this wee cutie.
Only a few stitches show and I know where they are. They only show when really looked for. BUT I know they are there.  I'm really pleased to have made this wee one as well as I have. That is why with each step I progressed with her I didnt want all the work before hand to go down the drain.
Now remember.....I am a professional bear/critter maker. So I should be striving for excellence.
I'm really pleased with my pattern. I will only need to alter the nose a tad to give her a more prominent chin.
Now that isnt too bad really for a first draft of the pattern.
I have found working on this mini quite a challenge. I found that you have to be focused.  I have learnt so much from the wonderful advise I have been given that it will be applied to my larger critters as well.
Over all this has been a great exercise for me.
I dont think I'm being hard on my self. Now if I said this little cutie was horrid and I was going to cut her up and put her in the bin...I would not only be hard on my self but totally and clearly stark raving mad.  bear_wacko   So wishing to grow and extend our knowledge in our chosen craft , is not being hard on our selves. It is GROWTH and it is what we should all be doing in order to stay fresh and happy with our artistic expressions.
So that said....... I do love this little one and her wee friend' Starlight'.  I hope to make more of them.  I have a lot of mini ideas. bear_grin  bear_thumb  bear_grin
I'm still not sure whether I should keep this one and make another or give this one to the person she was intended for........MMmmm??...................decisions decisions bear_grin  bear_grin
I suppose it comes down to whether they would like a mini with faults.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin
Wendy bear_thumb

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

IMG_1420.JPGBlimey your bear is fantastic, my first mini was hideous. I love to needlefelt onto mine. From noses to eye whites its so easy. Works like a dream. Just email if you want to know more.

The koala has a needlefelted nose.

WA

Amanda, is that mohair you have made your wee koala out of? He's so tiny and cute.
I am wondering if I can needle felt onto Sassy long pile.  With the mini I'm making now I have an extra head.
so thought that I might give it ago and needle felt a nose and eyelids.
How big are your wee ones?  Starbright is 3-4". A giant I think compared to yours.  bear_grin
Thankyou for the offer of help.  I will take you up on that shortly. bear_flower
Wendy bear_thumb

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Its good old Sassy long pile! My bears tend to be about 2 3/4" to 3". Just email away if and when I can be of any help. :hug:

WA

I just knew this wee cutie had to be small for the pile to look soooooo long.  bear_thumb
He is in such wonderful proportion. I'm finding that the most difficult. I am also now  , understanding why other bear makers had spare body parts.  bear_grin   I made four ears for this wee cherub. The pixie I'm working on now, has four legs, two heads & four ears. OOpps! plus, two bodies. :crackup:

sarahjane Brisbane

The pixie I'm working on now, has four legs, two heads & four ears. OOpps! plus, two bodies.

Wendy you have two pixies!!  :crackup:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Wendy, now you know why little ones go for as much as bigger ones with more fabric !!! It is a real talent to go really small.Can't wait to see it !!! Don't give up !!!

JodiFalkAvatar50pixsmall.jpg

WA
sarahjane wrote:

The pixie I'm working on now, has four legs, two heads & four ears. OOpps! plus, two bodies.

Wendy you have two pixies!!  :crackup:

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
Well,  :doh:  I do aye?  :crackup:  :crackup:
and I never noticed! :crackup:  :crackup:

Jodi, my hands are getting really sore & I still have ideas for more minis. bear_rolleyes
Wendy bear_thumb

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Keep going WENDY !!!!!! bear_grin  Please share !!!!

K P Bear K P Bear
Lewiston

DSC00252.JPG
Hi am almost new here and here is one of my mini's. His name is Kris and he is made from delight ful material.  Got it from a friend her and not sure where she gets it.
Lena.panda.gif

WA

Lena he is an absolute cutie!!! What a wonderful first posting :clap:  :clap:
I can see you are already an accomplished bear maker.
I'm looking forward to more of your creations.  :dance:
How tall is he? He looks positively teeny. bear_grin
bear_thumb

K P Bear K P Bear
Lewiston

Thank you Wendy. He stands 3" tall.
Lena rabbit-sign.gif

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Wendy, Lena's bears are amazing, so tiny and so adorable!!  I got to meet Lena and her bears the other week, it was so much  fun  :dance:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

MATILDA, SHE IS ADORABLE!!! I'll take her if you don't want her  bear_happy

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Lena .... adorable !!!!!!

WA

I have been working on a newly designed mini. I have been taking pictures as I progressed with the wings. I thought a series of photos would help others to understand the process and how EASY it is to put them together.
I have been working all afternoon on trying to finish this wee one , so I can get the final pic taken. Sorry but he is missing a tail and nose.  I'm hoping to have it all finished on Sunday. He is my Xmas bear for the challenge.
I just cant see well enough anymore to work on him under artificial light. 
Lena he looks smaller than that!! bear_thumb
Kim, I'm not sure what I'm doing with that one yet.  Its sweet of you to like him though :hug:
Wendy bear_thumb

sarahjane Brisbane

Lena he is so cute....It's nice to see you over here!  bear_original  bear_flower

bearlady13 Posts: 177

All the pictures of these cuties are wonderful. I am getting writers cramps from taking so many notes. I love the pictures of the way the wings were made. I for one sometimes need pictures to get the whole idea. Thanks for all of your wonderful advice and information you have shared. That is what makes coming here even greater. Talking to people from everywhere that love making and and sharing teddy bear ideas and pictures. Thank you all soooooo much!  :hug:  :clap:  bear_grin

Board footer