Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

OH MY GOD. I have just been asked to attend my first show on sunday in cornwall. That gives me two days to get ready.I 've got to make some more bears, make some bis cards, sort out my table display,price all my bears and make sure they have their tickets done.plus loads of other things I prob haven't thought of.
HELLLPPPPPP!!! bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko
I don't know where to start.I have a stress head already.
Anyway best go and start sewing.
Take care. :hug:

Teddy09328 Esche B�r

Everything becomes good. I press the thumbs.  bear_innocent

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Ok, first, make all the things for the show before, and make more bears if you still have time after (in two days, this is short...). Remember you have to sleep a little or you won't be ok for the show. Try to be calm, and tell yourself you have absolutely nothing to loose, that's not an exam (thinking such things works well for me... As exams at University used to put me in a very bad state :D).
And check Hayley's list before you leave home bear_original :
http://teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=6450
All will be ok ! Please don't forget a picture of your table for us !  :hug:
Your bears are wonderful and you rocks, girl !!  bear_wub
Hugs,
Marion  bear_flower

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Don't forget to take your table covering!!!!!  I say this because I forgot mine at Ally Pally a few weeks ago!!  I've done tons of shows and yet I still forgot the vital table covering.    :redface: :doh: Doh!!!  Luckily the lady next to me had a spare and it was even the right colour ...

... which reminds me, my words of wisdom to share with you are that the most important thing to do when you arrive is to say good morning to your neighbouring exhibitors and smile!  Making new friends really makes a good start to the day!  :hug:

Good luck Chloe ... I'm certain you'll have a lovely day and I'm very envious that I can't be there!  Cornwall is so beautiful and I haven't had a visit this year and I'm really missing the place.  If you get a chance to take pics to share, we'd love to see them!  :clap:

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

First thing to do is to relax, and take a few deep breaths........then make your lists, etc. While you are there, smile, smile , smile.......

pandamac

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Business cards, hang tags, prices, display set up, sales pad, pens, guest book, rest and a smile.

Those are likely the most important things!

Don't try to do too much for your first show. Be kind to yourself and keep it simple and enjoyable.

I have seen those last minute bears... the ones artists have thrown together just before a show to fill their table. The haste shows, no matter how carefully you think you've made those bears, it's likely not your best work and therefore shouldn't be on your table. Marion gave a good word advice... only "make more bears if you still have time after" all the other things are done.

Good luck!! Enjoy the experience! Have fun!
And yes, take pictures for us!!

:hug:

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Chloe ,
Congratulations for you firs show !!!! but wow ! 2days only !?   bear_wacko
Good luck to your first show and I wish you have a great time !!!!
hugs
Marie

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Good Luck !!!!!

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Good luck Chloe with your  first show :rose:
Laurie :hug:

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

well my 1 st day is over and i'm getting on quite well, I have made one and a half new bears and priced up all the bears I already had.I have printed out more business cards and started packing my boxes ready to go.
Thank you Marion for the list of things to take it has come in very handy and Paula I am going to buy my table covering tomorrow. bear_grin
Anyway back to it,
Thank you for all your kind support. :hug:  :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Good Luck Chloe!!!  And remember to have fun too  bear_grin

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Best of luck Chloe - enjoy your first show.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Gosh, Chloe...........this is short notice...but maybe for the best, not much time to get to get too anxious! 

Remember not to try to do too much, take what bears you have.....and just get the basic's together, like

the girls have said above.......and go........and above all enjoy yourself!!!!!!! :dance:

Good luck, have fun.....I'll be thinking of you....

Hugs,

Yvonne.  bear_flower

Stellajella Wien

Chloe, sorry, I´m not really a help, since I´ve never been to a show, BUT Ellen had the right tip: take a few deep breaths.
You´ll see, it will all turn out just perfect!
Good luck and fun at the show!
...and don´t forget :  :photo:

Gaby bear_flower

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Chloe, I just wanted to wish you the best at the show.  Don't stress too much and enjoy it.  Sounds like you are getting thing sorted out nicely.  bear_thumb

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

:hug:  :dance:  :hug: OOOOO Chloe!  How exciting!  I've got my fingers crossed for you!!!!

:dance:  :hug:

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:hug: Best of luck for your show!!!  :hug:   Just have fun  bear_thumb and your bears will sell themselves  bear_wub

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hi Chloe!!

Just popped into say 'Have a super duper show'  You're going to be fantastic!!   Wish I could come and see you....   bear_original

Have a wonderful time, will be thinking of you!!   :hug:  :hug:

Board footer