Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Looks like we will have Christmass after all.  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
The rains kicked in here about 11pm reaching the fire area before anymore homes were lost.
With the cooler weather forcast and more showers on the way, we will be able to have Christmass  bear_grin
The rain will not put the fire out, but it will help with securing containment lines.
I don't mind addmitting I was scared, not for myself but for my family, especially when I saw a map from DSE that predicted that the fire would go right through Traralgon where my Mum and one of my Daughters live.
All threats to communitees have been withdrawn from the CFA.

I am smiling from ear to ear now  bear_grin
We get Christmass after all  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

sarahjane Brisbane

Yayyyy thank goodness for that Chris...I am so pleased that the fires will now be contained, especially in time for Christmas.....I have been watching the news in horror everyday and hoping and praying for some relief!!!

You must be thrilled that your mum and daughter are no longer in any danger!!!  bear_grin

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Chris!!!!!!!!   :hug:   I have been thinking about you - worrying.  That is fantastic news.  Not quite sure what's going on with the weather.  They have reported rain and thunderstorms for us here in Canberra, for last night and today - but last night - none, zip, zadda, and today at 9.30am we've already exceeded what they forecasted would be our top heat.  They reckon it's going to be 19 for Chrissy day though!!!!!!!!!!  can't believe, I should have planned a hot christmas lunch  (which would have been the first for me!!!!)  OH well LOL  I bet it won't go that cool... LOL

I am just SO pleased for you - that is fantastic news, let's pray :pray: and hope that the fires will stay far away from you, and will be put out much more quickly than they are expecting.

:hug:   You and your family are in my thoughts.
Danni

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Thats GREAT news !!!!

karenaus Melbourne
Website

I was thinking of you Chris last night when it started raining... I am so glad its eased off for everyone- hopefully some of the firefighters will be spending time with family after all.....  bear_original

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Doing a happy dance for you! I am so happy Christine it is terrible when your life is ung up like that!!

djbbears Queensland

Thats great news.......it makes you wonder sometimes how they start .......we had fires up here a few yrs back and we were on the back deck and watching the flames come over the mountain and with the auntie and uncle from england watching they were amazed at the work those water choppers do.....it was a little scary but the firemen are just great people......Hope this summer we don't get anymore.....I love summer but its always worrying about the fires.........Its great to know your family are all safe and well...........Best wishes to you and you family bear_flower  bear_flower

Debbie

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

That was the first thing I was wondering this morning Chris.  If you got the rain!  I'm so glad...let it put out all the fires!  please!!!  :pray:  so glad you and your family are safe  :hug:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm really pleased that the rain came, Chris!

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Oh such wnderful news. It really is a terrible situation...I still worry about all of you guys and the poor animals...I'll keep saying prayers...

Michelle

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Great news Chris ... have a great Christmas.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Fantastic News Chris, I heard it on the radio this morning, I am so pleased that the rain eased things a little. Great News, and everyone has fought so hard to keep things under as much control as possible.  Enjoy Christmas, hoping the cool weather and more rain kicks in some more, thanks for letting us know that everything is ok.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: .

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Christine, I'm thrilled for you and your family and all the people that had been threatened.  What a merry Christmas it will be!

hugs,

Brenda

Board footer