Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

If I scan something into the computer and enlarge it (pattern component) - how do I get it to print the enlarged version?

I seem to be able to enlarge it to 'view' as it were - but printing reverts to the original size I scanned in.

What am I doing wrong please?

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Well Sandra: I may not be the best person to give advice since my computer skills are lacking big time. But I can tell you what I do: When I scan a pattern and I want to enlarge it or reduce it for a mini, I 1) scan the pattern. 2) Once the scanned picture pops up,  I have an option on the side to select "edit". When I hit "edit" I get a screen that allows me to select a if I want to reduce or enlarge the scanned picture. I make the adjustments and hit "print".  Now saving it is anther story. I defer to my computer savvy teddy bear friends for this. I'm thrill I can print something out!!! Last time I tried to save something, I was traumatized! I still don't know how to get all the pattern pieces in one folder as I scan them....Very upsetting... Maybe somebody can help with this question too.

Hope I was of some help, though it is really the blind leading the blind here....

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Sandra,
The program your scanner has does make a difference in the answer.
However, if you save the image once scanned (as Michelle mentioned), you can then use a photo editing program to change the size. Perhaps change by a percentage then if you need to scan and resize the other pieces of the pattern as well, you know what percentage to use.
Perhaps there are more suggestions....??

Oh, another thought... if you have a scanner/copier or one of those all-in-one thingies you could simply copy the piece by first reducing or enlarging by a percentage before you press copy. This is how I do it.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Sandra, I find that my scanner copier machine only allows me to print preformatted sizes. So that may be the problem.
What I do , is resize and the rest of the editing in the scanner program then save it and open it in another program(word I think?) Which is what Melanie Jane has already said. From this program I can set which way 'I' want it printed.

To get the pattern pieces in the same file, when you have scanned one piece click 'yes' in the popup box that asks if you wish to scan more pics. Then click' new scan.' If you have pattern pieces on one sheet and wish to scan each one individually do as I have mentioned but before clicking new scan , move the box outline over the next piece of pattern you want scanned. Then click 'new scan.' Just do this until they are all scanned.
If it is different sheets of paper, just put in the next sheet before clicking 'new scan' When you have finished the popup will ask if anymore are to be scanned , click'NO' then the program will do its stuff and take you to the folder where all the scans are waiting to be edited. 
......In the scanning area of the program I scan twice each pic, one at 300dpi and another at 75pdi. Thats as low as my program goes.  Patterns I do at 75dpi.
I hope this helps. bear_thumb  I found all this out through trial and error. The one thing I find different about myself as opposed to others is I am not frightened to push the wrong buttons. I make huge errors but while doing that I also find great stuff that would other wise be hidden.  You cant break the computer by giving it a wrong command. If it was to happen then the personal computer would never have got off the ground.
Every single person on the computer makes at 'LEAST' ten mistakes daily on the computer. Whether we know it or not. Its designed to cope. bear_thumb  bear_grin
If a window freezes on you just turn the ruddy machine off and try again. bear_grin  bear_grin

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Thanks everyone for all the help........BRILLIANT.

I'll give it a try................
:hug:

Board footer