Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Kathy, I have the same problem with my cat...only he did not need any incouragement.  He always takes things I am working on...so when I am done at night, I have to put everything away. 
When this habit first started, I would purposely leave 'my seconds', out thinking he would get them...but somehow that little rascal would always take the ones that I didn't want him to get.
I have not figured out how he knows the difference....but he most certainly does.
He only bothers my mini's...not the bigger bears.
I am a big basket person, I like to keep different projects in different baskets and I can tote them out and about with me...and Bootsie will even get into my baskets. (I have to hide those too bear_grin )
I could always tell if he had something he was not supposed to have because I would hear him tearing around the house chasing something.
If I made him a toy from left overs, he would have nothing to do with it...I have tried that.  It has to be 'the forbidden' for him and nothing else.
I love my Bootsie tho...so I just had to change my habit of leaving things around.
Nancy

Mandy SambrookBears
Essex

I give my scrap pieces to my daughters who make "Snivelies" (their word not mine!).  These are little creatures, basically a rectangle of fur with the end folded over and googly eyes stuck on.  They like to take them to school and give them to their friends who seem happy to receive them.   I also give some scraps to the school for their art work.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Hey Mandy, "Snivelies" they sound cool :cool:

Sounds like something that my kids would be into.  Great idea, there... thanks.

Board footer