Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I am so greatful for artist that do commissions but Krista, I agree with everyone here.  What a nightmare!  I also love your work so don't doubt that.   :hug:

Tynnateddy sault ste marie

Krista ....are you kidding me ,,,,your work is absolutely GORGEOUS and please don,t ever doubt yourself for some people it is a matter of "misunderstanding breeds ignorance"
Hugs Tynna  :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I will ONLY do commissions if I am allowed free range of what I create. Like if someone wants a pink bear, I will do a pink bear but if it gets too specific, I will not do a commission... I try NOT to do commissions simply because of all the hassle, I create not duplicate LOL

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

You know, it's funny--I said that I don't do commissions, but I think that if a collector came along and we had kind of a similar vision, espeically if it was something I had been wanting to create, I probably would take the commission. Like you said, Kim-Bee, if the collector had a broad idea and then would give me free reign, well, that would most likely pique my interest. And they would have to give sloooow me lots and lots of time in which to do the bear!! :crackup:

I once had a collector who kept in touch with me regularly, and she knew what I was creating at the time (my Bavarian-themed bear, Herr Gruenhosen) and asked to be given first right of refusal. This meant that I would show her the completed bear first, before I showed it to anyone else, and if she wanted to adopt it, great! If she didn't want to, she could pass on it, and then I would offer it to others to adopt. That worked out just fine for me (and she adopted the bear in the end to live with her three other Crew members--I just love this collector! bear_wub ). bear_smile

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Laura Lynn was given free riegn too and the commission turned out wonderfully! bear_wub

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Oh, yes, Jenn--I love the wedding bears Laura Lynn created! bear_wub

Board footer