Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Everyone
I have to make and dress a bear to look like a person who has grey, long curly hair ,a moustache and a beard. Any suggestions as to how I do the head of this bear. Colour of mohair to use, length of mohair etc
Thnaks
Hugs
Gail
www.bearwithme,ca

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Gail,
This woman sells tibetan mohair.... LONG curly and oh so soft! She offers it in lots of colors and would likely do a custom color for you if you asked. She's a very nice person. It has the natural skin on the back, it's not too thick, easy to work with and you can put it on the head as an applique after you make the head or work it into your pattern. I've done a bearded bear with it as part of the pattern and have also done applique with it on the top of the head. I'm happy to share my pattern design with you via email for the beard if you'd like.

http://stores.ebay.com/Donnas-Art-Dolls … idZ2QQtZkm

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Gosh....that sounds a lot like my husband  :crackup:

Marion

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Daphne
I actually have some natural angora goat white fur here that I though I might be able to use. I would love to have your pattern for the beard and thank you so much for offering it. This bear is the one I will be doing for the Toronto Childrens Aid Foundation and appears in their annual calendar . The theme this year is the Blues so I have chosen a blues singer who lives here in my county. All of the money raised through the auction and sponsoring of these bears goes to the children in care. Last year almost one million dollsrs was raised every cent of which goes to the children
Hugs
Gail

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

You also might give some thought to needlefelting wool onto the bear for all the hair.  A friend does Santa bears with this method and they come out very nice with long curls.
Donna

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh Gail... just wanted to say how absolutely wonderful I think that is!  Good for you love!  :hug:  bear_wub  :hug:

Kim Basta

Board footer