Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

If someone is going to pay through paypal and they don´t have a paypal account
do I have to wait for a approval or something from Paypal about the payment is Okay and can´t be withdrawn from my account before I ship the bear?

thank you

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

As far as I know if someone has no PayPal account then that is that- No payment can be made. They must first join up with paypal- give Paypal their details etc.
Before I could use the PayPal facility I had to first join PayPal as a customer- I can pay funds out to anyone in world from South Africa, but I cannot receive funds via anyone using PayPal if I am based in South Africa.
All I can suggest is that you contact Paypal- via the PayPal site- they do get back to you with an answer but they do take about 5 days to do so.

Lynette

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Apparently new buyers can now pay without signing up to Paypal...after they have paid they get the option to sign up..I think this is a new thing...don't ask me how it works, but I guess they have to pay by credit card...

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Thanks Lynette and Jenny

I too think you can pay by Paypal without an account.
I just wondered if I had to wait with the shipping until the payment was drawn on
the buyers credit card - I quess I just have to see what happens.
Maybe it isn´t a problem at all.

Thanks again.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I would wait till you know you are paid and the money is in your account. You have to draw it out and request it be put into your account. Mine always says 4 to 5 days then it will be in my account after I have requested it be moved. Pay pal will notify you that you have been paid then you go to your account and move the money to where you want it.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I would think that a Paypal payment is like any other credit card payment in so much as it has to be authorised before the money is paid...so if it gets cleared by Paypal then it's been authorised so you'd be fine to post the bear off. It just takes 5 days to get transferred from your Paypal account to your bank in the same way it takes 5 days for credit card payments to get paid in...there's no question of you not getting paid.

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

I was paid recently by a customer who did'nt have a Paypal account, but she paid via paypal with her credit card.  It showed up straight away in my Paypal account, but it said next to it that it was "pending".  It took about four days for the "pending" to go away, and "confirmed" in its place.  That must have been the clearing time.  I mailed the bear once the payment was "confirmed".  Hope that helps.

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark
BonnieBears wrote:

I was paid recently by a customer who did'nt have a Paypal account, but she paid via paypal with her credit card.  It showed up straight away in my Paypal account, but it said next to it that it was "pending".  It took about four days for the "pending" to go away, and "confirmed" in its place.  That must have been the clearing time.  I mailed the bear once the payment was "confirmed".  Hope that helps.

That´s exactly what I was looking for.
Thank you very much Christine

Board footer