Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

I saw this lovely bear on Ebay with 2 bids and no reserve.
The bear will sell and that´s great but...
the 2 bidders were the same person?

Why would anyone bid again them self? bear_wacko
I don´t understand this. Is there something I miss
or can anyone explain? bear_ermm

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

I saw that too and I wondered about it. Sometimes a bidder will bid against herself trying to reach the reserve but in this case there was no reserve. It's a puzzler!

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

Maybe they just put in a higher bid to cover them selfs , worried that they might get out bid in the last minute.

JanetandBears Janet Ann Anderson and Bears
Breckenridge, CO
Website

I have had two bids from the same person  ... and the bids are the same amount. (both $50 )  There is a reserve but the bids are no where near it.   Can't figure this out either???????
Janet

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

This sometimes happens when they decide to increase their maximum bid.  Let's say they bid $50 and then decide later...I'm willing to pay $75...for some reason and I've never figured it out (for lack of trying) it will show up as two bid increments.  It's happened to me when I've bid and then decided to up my ante because so many people bid near the end of auctions anymore.  I've done this especially if I know I won't be at the computer when an auction closes. 

:)

I've had to edit this three times to say what I wanted....jeez...I'm having a senior's senior moment.

K Pawz Guest

Yup, when somebody increases their bid, but nobody is bidding against them it shows up as more bids...just like Shantell said they will bid the start and then decide to raise their maximum....if there is a reserve you don't see what their max is until they actually meet the reserve.

Hugs,
Krista

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Dito to what Chloe, Shantell, and Krista said. It happens, and it's no generally anything out of the ordinary at all.  The bidder has just decided that they are willing to go higher than their initial bid.

Kim Basta

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
JanetandBears wrote:

I have had two bids from the same person  ... and the bids are the same amount. (both $50 )  There is a reserve but the bids are no where near it.   Can't figure this out either???????
Janet

The bids will show up as the same amount until someone tries to bid against them.  It's like Chloe mentioned.  They are just covering themselves.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Whoops...look like it's already been posted.  Didn't mean to be a broken record. :redface:

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Thanks everyone
I didn´t know this - Now I understand  bear_original

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website
dusty attic wrote:

Maybe they just put in a higher bid to cover them selfs , worried that they might get out bid in the last minute.

I've done that before, gone back and decided I will pay more. I never noticed if it showed that I bid twice  without other bids inbetween.

Board footer