Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

audemesange Aude-Mesange Creations
Montral

colormundo.gifHi all,
I was looking if I could find airbrushing classes in Montreal where I live and I found an event which is held in 10 days bear_thumb . For sure I'm going there to learn everything I can on airbrushing. Never done any but would like to start. I'm wondering if the classes offered would be really helpfulthough  bear_wacko . It's seems more focused on body painting and make-up. I guess I could applie techniques on the teddy bears. If you have any advice let me know before I suscribe to the class because it's quite expensive.

Here's the link to the event in Montreal
http://www.colormundo.com/
http://www.colormundo.com/pdf-doc/progr … nement.pdf

And the one for the general site where you might find an event near you http://www.facepaintingevents.com/Event … 2702.shtml

Enjoy!

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Aude-Mesange: it looks fun but it looks like it is with makeup. I wonder if finding something that uses paints or dyes so you can learn to airbrush with the medium you intend to use...But I must say, I am not an expert on this so I may not be giving the best advise....I could not airbrush my way out of a paper bag to save my life.....

Montral

Yes you're right that is bothering me a little but that's the best 'live thing' I found so far, I'd like to try airbrushing before buying the equipment. I'll have to decide. Someone I know got one, maybe I could try it before spending money on a class. But I won't have a second chance this year if I pass on that one... bear_wacko

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Check and see if Judi is doing any airbrushing classes on EBears University.  I think several from here at TT have taken that class.  If I remember correctly it is not that expensive either.
Donna

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

E BearZ just had an airbrushing course that started on the 26th of March , I'm sure they will be running another one in the near future.  You may check out some of the art supply stores in Montreal, they sometimes hold a one day beginner class and most times you use their equipment so you don't even need an airbrush.  It's a great way to try one out and see if you like it or not. 

Check out E-BearZ University and the list of classes there, I love taking classes you will always learn something.  here's the web site   http://www.kranbearys.com/EbearZ/index.htm

big hugs

Shane

Montral

Thanks for those great ideas, I'll find a way to try an airbrush before buying the equipment, I might after that be able to take Judi's class. I'll probably go to the show anyway but will think again for the class.  bear_laugh

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Aude , I would go and check out the class in Montreal.  Give it a try and see what the airbrush feels like in your hand.  It is very different fron any other type of art but the results are well worth the effort.  It does take time, and lots of practice,  to become comfortable.

Whether you are painting on a body, car, jacket or bear( or tiger   bear_innocent ) the application will be the same.  In the class I teach as mentioned I show how to do basic airbrush control and how to layer colors to get some nice effects on bears.  All three of my avatar animals are airbrushed.  The lion has the most. bear_flower

Montral

Thanks Judi, for the advice. If you say the application will be the same I think I'll try it. I would really love to be able to do someting nearly approching what you do. Maybe after a few years of practice... or not, we'll see bear_wacko . I am totally in love with your cats. Musa (is it?), on your Avatar looks incredible. If the event comes to you, they hold contests, I guess you could have some fun there too!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Oh you're very welcome.  ANd thank you for your kind comments.

I would love to see something like that come to our area. I am always up for learning more. I live near Green Bay Wisconsin and everything seems to revolve around the Green Bay Packers....our football team.  ...and not much else bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Best of luck to you and have a great time!!!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_happy  Maybe you can suggest a charity event involving 'airbrushing' the Green Bay Packers??  Hey, if its for a good cause, it might be fun  bear_whistle

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Debbie, that is a fabulous suggestion.  Anything to do with the Packers is very popular here.  I have never seen such fanaticals ( is that even a word?) in my life! bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

I even like to watch the Packers( while sewing my bears)....and I am not a sports fan. bear_whistle  Yup, I'm a "Cheesehead" bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Stellajella Wien

Aude, air brushing is something I´d like to learn, too.
I´ve been to a shop where sprayers get all their supplies to get me some copic markers, since mine had drie out. The guy there showed me a basic and chep way of airbrushing: using the copic markers with a thing to put on top of them to connect to a can with pressurised air. I´m thinking about buying this in the near future, since it does not involve a compressor...
Show us the outcome of your lessons:)
Judi, I didn´t know you give lessons in air brushing! But no wonder! You do such a marvelous job on your creations! bear_wub

Debbie, Green Bay Packers are probably base ball players or foot ball players, right? And why doi they need to be painted? * totally stoooopid here* bear_wacko

Gaby bear_flower

Florida Felter Enchanted Equine Studio
East Central Florida

You should definitely gets your hand on an airbrush and try it before investing in an entire system if you can.My needlfelted horses are usually entirely airbrushed.Felt & fabrics are alot of fun to airbrush too!
I was privileged enough to grow up with an "artist mom" and was able to try out almost every art medium out there.Airbrushing has been one of the hardest things for me to learn,and also the most satisfying!It took me a couple years before I felt really confident with it.But I started out on hard plastic horses,felt and fabric is alot easier to airbrush,in my opinion.I have heard nothing but horror stories about the aerosol can airbrush "systems" so I never bothered trying them.Trying to master the brush itself is hard enough without the frustration of cans constantly running out of pressure and needing to be replaced.
I also agree with the earlier comment that painting with an airbrush,is painting with an airbrush,no matter what you are painting.You can do things with an airbrush that you cant do with anything else,its well worth the effort!
The horse in my avatar is airbrushed,he was originally all white.
Hope that helps!
Happy Easter!

Montral

Thanks to all for your great incomes, I'll let you know what happens!

Montral

Hi, just wanted to let you know I couldn't go to the event as I was really sick bear_sad . But I'll sure try to get my hands on an airbrush and try that soon. Thanks for all your answers

Board footer