Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

hucklebearypatch Posts: 20

Everyone must be sleeping, it's so quiet here tonite  bear_laugh *yawn*

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

It is very quiet on here tonight JoAnne, everyone must be getting their sleep in for a busy day tomorrow  bear_grin .

hugs

Shane

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Last night I was scaring the heck out of myself trying to cook a 3 lb. Black Sea Bass  bear_wacko  I thought how SPECIAL when a friend gave it to me  bear_flower I'll make one of those elegant Asian whole fish dishes! You know; you have to clean those things!! I had a book on one side of me with scary clinical dissection diagrams and the fish on the other side. I covered the fish's head with a blindfold because I didn't want to see his eyes  bear_sad  and I tried to clean the fish without looking at him. By the time I was done I was so upset I could barely eat. Today I'm sticking to coloring Easter eggs and green salad!
Karen
P.S. Cats loved the fish bear_wub

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Karen, thank you-first good laugh of the day and I have been up since 4 am....I too would have covered the face.....and gutting a fish?  Well, hmmmm....fish sticks sound fine in my book.....

Glad the cats were happy.......

dilu

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Yes, the eye staring up at you is off putting - I remember ordering fish at a lovely restaurant and the head was there - yuck.

We were given a rabbit once which my husband cooked, using a recipe.
It smelt delicous cooking but when it was time to eat it - none of the family could bring ourselves to eat it.
Still had visions of that dear little bunny.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Ah Karen I'm with you.  I would have a hard time eating something that was looking at me.

My daughter's boyfriend likes to fish and about a month ago he went ice fishing and brought some perch over to cook for us.  They were still alive in a bucket.  My  4-year-old son spoke outloud what I was feeling.  He said, " No wait!  Put them back in the water bear_cry ".   Ah, bless his heart.  BUT to all of our surpise they were very good...but I don't really want to do that again.

Board footer