Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Hi All,
I hope this topic hasn't been posted yet, 'cause if it was, I missed it. I have been working on stuff.

So who is going to be in Schaumburg? I know The Bear Guys.....Who else?
Can hardly wait!
Amy

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Lots of people...but not me bear_cry  bear_cry Have a blast you guys

I know Kim of Bear Bottoms is...

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I'll be going as a collector!!!  I knew I wouldn't have enough ready for a table in time...

I really do love attending shows from each side of the table!

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

We had planned to go as collectors (well, me the collector and Darren the sidekick anyway bear_tongue )........made it a mini vacation weekend for the two of us.   Unfortunately, the house sitter we had lined up to care for our dogs can't come now.......her car died and she won't have a replacement before then. bear_sad  So we've had to cancel as I just can't bring myself to board Golly at the kennel.  (He's so big, he doesn't fit well and would be absolutely miserable.)  Will try again in the fall.......I am sorely disappointed bear_cry

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

In recommending to Berta Hesen-Minten to contact Connie & Amber regarding teaching a workshop and exhibiting at S in Apr 08, I read through the list of Vendors & Teachers for this year.

Michelle Lamb is doing a Head Make-over workshop ths Fall (07) and while I live about 8 miles away and did every ABC S show from 1991 - 2004, I've never gone as a collector as I've since always been out-of-town during those 2 weekends.

I see the show is now Sat only - How we dreaded the Dead Sundays!!
My check is in the mail for M's class. When she's in your own backyard, it's worth some re-arranging to attend!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario
rkr4cds wrote:

In recommending to Berta Hesen-Minten to contact Connie & Amber regarding teaching a workshop and exhibiting at S in Apr 08, I read through the list of Vendors & Teachers for this year.

Michelle Lamb is doing a Head Make-over workshop ths Fall (07) and while I live about 8 miles away and did every ABC S show from 1991 - 2004, I've never gone as a collector as I've since always been out-of-town during those 2 weekends.

I see the show is now Sat only - How we dreaded the Dead Sundays!!
My check is in the mail for M's class. When she's in your own backyard, it's worth some re-arranging to attend!

Bobbie we took her class a couple of yrs ago, it was so much fun and so informative.  She really has to be one of the sweetest people. 

The April show is down to one day this yr as I think most artist wanted that as the Sunday was always pretty slow, it would be so great if Berta came and did a class (Steve got to go to New Mexico a couple of yrs ago and take a class from her and had a real blast).

big hugs

Shane

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm not going; it's just a terrible time of year with school starting, when you're a bear-making mom!  I hope you'll all take lotsa pictures for us so we can see what we're missing!

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Are they going to continue w/Sat only?? For years we asked for this, but the hotel/exhibitor costs are built on sales expectations (rooms filled, meals eaten, etc.. )

Berta's been a friend for years - I was extremely honored that she and Leo and her friend swere in MY class in Germany!!  I'll be the first to sign up - and I can't even crochet tighty enough to create these little treasures!!

I remember when you guys went to TX! I'm not sure they've recovered yet; I know I haven't and it's been 2+ years since I was in Toronto!

And - you've got a little QT bear coin purse (?) class coming up for S too! I know your students will be laughing ands stitching all day... Good Luck! I'll be in the Phoenix area next weekl or I might've dropped in to cheer you on!
hggzzz 2 ewe Guys

New Berlin, Wisconsin

I believe that October is going to be a Saturday - Sunday show.  I have never minded a Sunday at Schumburg as I am only 1-2 hours away. I have already had a Sunday where I sold 3 or 4 pieces, and it was the difference of a break-even or Woo-Hoo kind of a show!
TTFN
Amy

Waterloo, Ontario

I agree Amy I never minded the Sat & Sun at Schaumburg but I have only ever done it in Oct, I know April was different for people and people complained about the dead Sunday.  I'm having a problem with the price of this show though ( I'm not complaining honestly) but we are paying the same price for a one day show in Apr for the same two day show in Oct. 

We have survived our Texas Trip Bobbie, not sure if Texas has though  bear_grin ,  we've been a couple of times now and always had a good time.  We met up with Luanne Bowen in Austin and went to a great BBQ place for dinner mmmmmmmmmmm  love BBQ.   To bad you are away would have been nice to see you again, if your around in Oct you should drop in and see us.   

We are looking forward to the workshop (we are doing it on Friday afternoon) it's a cute little bear maybe 6"  with a zipper in his back so you can put coins or whatever you like in his tummy.  We are going to give students the choice to be able to hang it around their neck if they like.  I know we will have a blast in the class and people who didn't take it are gonna miss out on sooooo much fun and they will all want one of those bear change purses   bear_grin  bear_grin

Amy are we still on for dinner on Friday night?  Do you want to meet in the lobby around 7:00 for dinner ( I'm not sure what time our class will be over so that's why I was thinking that time)

big hugs

Shane

New Berlin, Wisconsin

Hi Shane,
What time is your class???? I just looked & it is listed at 9am - noon on the ABC site.

For sure dinner though!
Amy

Waterloo, Ontario
Mutz wrote:

Hi Shane,
What time is your class???? I just looked & it is listed at 9am - noon on the ABC site.

For sure dinner though!
Amy

Hi Amy ,  the class was changed to start after lunch now.  I believe it starts at 1:00.  ABC was suppose to change that on their webite but doesn't appear that they have.  We are bringing extra kits with us just in case anyone decides at the last minute they want to take the course.

Sounds good we will meet up with you on Friday at some point.

big hugs

Board footer