Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I heard from a little birdie that E-Bearz U will be having a class in learning the HTML needed to build our own basic websites-there will be a section on what's available for the home user on the web THAT'S FREE and by the end we will build our own website using basic HTML.

Imagine that!

So many of us here want to know how to do more, or haven't got a web site and want one, or have one built by a friend and we hate to bug them for updates, or.....

Well it is our turn now to learn through a carefully laid out course the rudiments that will enable us to do for ourselves!

If you haven't taken a class at E-Bearz U may I share with you about the Business Course?

I took it a year ago Christmas and it was wonderful.  Through the step by step course I was able to create a business plan, and stick to it, and double my out put and triple my incoming....because I had clear-cut identifiable goals to achieve,  I loved the class and felt it really benefitted my "business."

So I for one plan on taking the HTML for D... course......

[size=18]Nonono  shame on you; not Dummies you sillykins,[/size]

[size=18]I hope to see some of you there who have been wanting to do their own website....
You know who you are..... :crackup:
[/size]

I have absolutely no doubt that by the end even Dilu will understand the rudimentary basics and will be quite excited to do a new website.  I love the one I have but don't know how to update it, its time to take control!

I understand the course will start sometime in April-May?????

I can hardly wait to learn something neat, new and oh so useful!

gollyhugs
dilu

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Dilu, keep me posted , I for get. Did you say it was free ?

sewing stars sewing stars
providence, rhode island

html basics is something really handy to know, but i actually took a course to learn dreamweaver
which made all the difference! dreamweaver is great program and i use it for everything including
auction templates! i do use html all the time, though. it is all about memorizing tags, which is actually
super easy! i think all of you ladies could learn it super easily. 
bear_thumb

NO NO NO  JODY  I didn't say it was free!

:crackup:  :crackup:

The person giving the course needs to get paid....yes?

Thanks Teresa!!!  So good to hear from a "pro" That you think we can do it too!

I expect we can, and am going to do my darndest to keep up with the smart ones here who will learn it in a flash!

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Oh well...........I guess.....

:crackup:

:hug: oh Jodi!:hug:

bubbles Bearz by Ilze
Canberra

Don't know if you guys know about the site HTML Goodies  http://www.htmlgoodies.com/. It is a good place to start when you're learning HTML.  On the menu down the left hand side of the screen you'll find a secion called PRIMERS.  You get step by step primer courses on some of the basics things.  There's primers on HTML, cgi and Perl scripts, javascript, sql etc.   There's also a TUTORIAL section and then more advanced goodies in the BEYOND HTML section.
It is definitely worth checking out if you're planning on learning HTML.  :cool:

PS: just though I'd add that there's no cost involved.  It is free to all.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

i learned everything I know..........and I did do my whole website etc. from this site

http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

If you follow along in no time you can have a simple page up.

Good info guys!

Penny's Penchants Penny's Penchants
Naicam, Saskatchewan

Hi Heather (& everyone else too!),

Thanks so much for the link on the HTML tutorial - I have a basic understanding when setting up my auction templates but someday would like to have my own web page - even just a simple one would be nice.

I see you're from Calgary - I'm in Red Deer.

I was hoping that I would be able to attend the show in August but my husband's uncle is being inducted into the SK Agriculture Hall of Fame - a pretty big achievement and we are very close but I will still wonder what it would've been like !   bear_sad

Take care gals and thanks for the great info!

Penny

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I would be interested in the class, too. It's all quite foreign to me and like you, Dilu, I feel like I'm just not able to keep up with everything.

And Heather and Ilze, I've bookmarked the sites you posted. Thank you.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

hi Penny!

Too bad about the show, you'll have to come for next year for sure! It's nice that you're so close.

Marlys, good luck with the website, make sure to show us when you're done

I have saved those sites in favorites too...thank you ladies!

I think taking a well laid out course will help fill in my humongous gaps in understanding, and give the basis to then add these neat special touches after I have an idea of what I am doing.

I'll try to keep everyone posted on the course.....

it'll be more fun the more people who take it....

dilu

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Thanks Dilu, don't forget meeeeeeeeeeeeee

Stellajella Wien

Dilu,cool!
Finally something that reminds me of chinese  :crackup: ... me, computers and HTML...a killer story, believe me :crackup: .
By the way...HTML = How To Make Love? or How To Make Lessthannothing? or How To Make Liverdumplings???

...thanx for the hint, would be a wish of me to learn more about this funny thing in front of me, but I guess, I´m too old....*giggle*

:hug:

Gaby bear_flower

yewwwwwww Gaby....liverdumplings?! :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Jody, I could never forget you!!  :hug:

hugs to all

dilu

I believe, if I understood correctly, ( and yes, we all know that's questionable) that the HTML build a website class will be posted next week....fingers crossed.....

hugs
dilu

Board footer