Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Barb Pontiac, Il

Could someone please tell me how to make a tree topper? Do you make a whole bear and dress it? A whole bear except without legs and a cardboard cone of some sort? I just can't seem to figure out what would be the best way to go about making one that would not fall off the tree, or look to horrible. Thanks very much in advance for the help.

Barb

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey, what a great question.  I'll look forward to some of the replies you get, too.  Thanks for asking!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I have a boyds angel bear tree topper... it is only the top half of the body and a cardboard cone for the bottom (which a dress is on top of)

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Hi Barb,
Years ago I made tree topper bears.  I used a toilet paper center for the base covered in cotton fabric.  The bear head is attached to the dress which also has arms and bear hands holding something cute.  Then I stitched the dress to the cotton that covered the toilet roll center.  All the members of my family are still using them and that has been at least 25 years ago that I made them.
Donna

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

For those of you wanting to make a tree topper teddy bear you can go to www.bearycheap.com and Kympatti bears has a pattern and kit for a really cute one on their site
Hugs
Gail

Board footer