Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

PaintsNMinis Sidhe Bears
Vienna, NJ

I got a call today to let me know that Andy had arrived at my son's in beautiful Bonners Ferry, Idaho, after his visit with Ellen's daughter in Spokane.

Tomorrow night, Andy is going to co-coach a lacrosse game :), and this weekend, he's taking a trip to Canada.  He's already been properly introduced to all the Elmo's and My Little Ponies in the house, and has a busy week lined up for him!

Sounds like Andy will have a fun visit in northern Idaho!  Photos to come soon!

Robyn

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Great to hear that Andy is having a fun time and we look forward to seeing photos of his adventures.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

If there is anyone else out there in the US or Canada that would like a visit from Andy, please either PM or email me and I will add you to his list. I do have Ginger and Margaret on the list (I met them in Timonium, MD at the bear show) His 'normal' stay with someone is about 2 weeks, although he has had much longer stays, which is fine..........He would love to travel more!  :dance:  :dance:  :hug:

Ellen

PaintsNMinis Sidhe Bears
Vienna, NJ

Last night, Andy co-coached a Lacrosse game... waiting now to hear the score!

Andy is going to school this week!  2nd grade...after all, he is still a youngster!  He'll be helping the teacher with a presentation about Asian Animals, and giving info about the Moon Bears.  :)

Then... Andy is going on Blake's (friend of my son) first solo flight for his solo test on his pilot license!  WOW! 

And, he'll be going to Canada to visit a wildlife center there!

Andy has a very busy two weeks ahead of him!

David (my son) is a counselor at Northwoods, and has a group home /halfway house for boys at the center (substance abuse).  The center is one of the best in the US, and the kids there come from all over.  One of the boys there is asking his parents if they will also host Andy (they live in NC), and one of the former students there would like Andy to visit in Washington DC (Ellen, I'll email you privately about him, interesting place for Andy to go visit!)

So, Andy is having a great time!  And hopefully he still has many more weeks of adventures coming up!
Robyn

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I wish I had packed myself up instead of Andy!!!!!

PaintsNMinis Sidhe Bears
Vienna, NJ

LOL, I wish *I* could be going with Andy!  Haven't seen my son in ages... and have yet to meet his little girl **GASP**... I guess that makes her my... **GULP** granddaughter?  Nah... that can't be right!  I'm not old enough!  *hee hee*

Now... take a house full of teenage boys and a teddy bear... and you come up with all kinds of interesting things!  Andy's visit has been one of the most fun experiences they've had.  They come up with all kinds of ideas on doing photo shoots with Andy.  And of course, they come up with some very interesting proposals such as giving Andy a GPS tracking device collar, so they can track "where's Andy NOW?" on satellite/internet.   bear_rolleyes   These kids are having a blast with Andy!

And... several of the kids have called home to see if their folks will host Andy!  So, from northern Idaho, Andy is making a stop in MN to visit with one of the boy's mom & dad.  Then... he comes to New Jersey.  And then... well... guess we'll see where Andy goes!  One of the boys comes from NC, another from VA, and they INSIST Andy MUST go visit them too!

I'm tickled by how much interest these teens have shown in Andy!  :clap:  I'm sure he will have quite a few memories of his Idaho vacation! 

Robyn
PS... they won the Lacrosse game... and won a second this week, got their pics in the paper including... the co-coach Andy! :clap:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I'm glad to hear what Andy's been up to.  I miss him.  He stayed with me about a year ago.   bear_original

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Thanks Robyn for asking Andy be sent to your son. The interest gained from that one stop is fantastic! I am so glad he got his picture in the paper and that the teenage boys all have such a wonderful interest in him.......all so amazing!

pandamac

Board footer