Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I have a lady who won or purchased things from my store on April 8th and still hasn't paid.  My question is if I file an unpaid dispute, does that mean I can't do a second chance offer right away?  I assume I have to wait for paypal/ebay to figure out the dispute before I do but I at least want this lady to have to pay for my fees or something since she bid on so much stuff and I am out money (both from the auctions and listing fees). 

Why oh why do people bid if they have no intention of paying????? I feel bad if I don't pay for something right away (and feel horrible if it isn't within 24 hrs of auction end)... If you don't have money in your account, DON'T BID!! ARRGH!!!

DEADBEAT BUYERS, aye, aye, aye....  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Kim,
have you emailed the woman and asked when she will be making the payment....it's only a week so maybe something has happened to her...might be worthwhile giving her a few more days...I think you can send a reminder email from your "my ebay"
This has happened to me but the person had computer problems or something and they did eventually pay, so perhaps see if you can contact them first.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I have sent her about half a dozen emails asking her if she need more time, if she still intended to go on with the purchase, etc. and no response... Also, I am not one to jump the gun but there are about four other sellers who have posted negitive feedback within the last 2-3 days that she has not communicated with them or paid them...

Also, she has bought things AFTER she bought mine and other people's items and has paid for them...  :/

Here is the feedback for her since the 8th (when she won my auctions and bought things from my store)...

(+)  Thank you for your business. Hope to see you again.
Apr-15-07 01:47 

(+)     Pleasure doing business with you. Thanks.
Apr-15-07

(-)     Did not pay or answer emails, terrible buyer.....I agree get off ebay
  Apr-14-07 20:40

(-)    HORRIBLE.. BIDS BUT DOESN'T PAY OR ANSWER EMAIL..GET OFF EBAY
Apr-14-07 17:57

(-)    HORRIBLE.. BIDS BUT DOESN'T PAY OR ANSWER EMAIL..GET OFF EBAY
Apr-14-07 17:57 

(+)  thank you for your business. communication works for me !! A -- -- -- -- --
  Apr-13-07 18:07 

(-)    Did not pay for item within seller's time limit.
April 9th

(+)    THANK YOU FOR YOUR PROMPT PAYMENT. GREAT EBAYER !!!! A++++++
Apr-09-07 05:03 

(+)    Multiple winner, thanks again!!!!
Apr-08-07 21:56 

(+)   Lightening fast payment, a true asset to Ebay, hope you enjoy your purchase.
Apr-08-07 21:54

K Pawz Guest

You can request her contact information and it will give you her phone number through eBay, I can't remember where it is, but I had one of the live help people pass me on to the link...it will send you an email with her infomation, email, and phone number, she will also get the email and once she realizes that you have requested it she may pay you, or you can use the information and call her, it is one of the things taht eBay will tell you to do when you need to file an unpaid item dispute...couldn't hurt to give it a go.

hugs,
Krista

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I was going to say the same thing as Krista.... it's been a while since I had to do it (and it was not a bear related item) but before filing a NPB report I do like to try to call. 

Quite often that phone call will help with payment... and you may find that they had a computer problem...   

I know you mentioned she's bid on other items... but there is a small possiblity that she used a bidding service (sniping service) and set it up ahead of time.  I always like to try to give them the benefit of the doubt....

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Ugh, that blows. I have no idea why people would do that, then run the risk of having a rotten ebay rating.

I put a disclaimer (after seeing it on other people's listings) that payment must be made within 72 hours or I can relist the item. I know that doesn't help you now but maybe it can help for future?

Contact her one more time stating if she doesn't pay within 24 hours you are re-listing the item. SOL.

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

Check the -non paying bidder bit on ebay but I think from memory you only have to wait 7 days before relisting and if you open a dispute and report her they refund your fees.......look under help...........it's all there.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Well, this situation has all been resolved.. apparently she has done this A LOT recently (and has only been an ebay member since March 23rd!) She has been booted from ebay MWUAAHHHAAAHHHAAAHHHAA (my evil laugh)... Now I just have to try to get my listing fees back... What the heck is wrong with people??? DEADBEATS! sheesh

Board footer