Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

My bears sit squarely on their cupcake bases. Sometimes I attach them with clear thread. I am not sure I want to do this anymore. I think because I only attach them to the woolfelt "frosting" and I don't want to get yanked off in shipping, it isn't a permanent attachment. I tell my customers they can snip the thread and remove the bears. What do you think? Keep attaching them or not?

Here is an example: http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=15503

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

I would say to continue on what you've been doing. You want your customer to see your work, exactly the way you intended it to be. If they choose to change it after that, its their perogative.
Just my humble opinion though! bear_grin

Cheryl bear_flower

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I agree.  That way it is secure when you send it and they have the option of removing it.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What Cheryl and Tammy said!  bear_original

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

I agree too!!!  Maybe slip a little card in with printed instructions for your customers so that they know that they can snip away if they wish?  I'd probably snip the threads just cause I like to PLAY with my friends, but I also see how it would be nicer to ship them that way, and I totally agree with Cheryl's notion that your work should arrive the way you intend it to be displayed, even if someone decides later on that they'd like the option of displaying them separately.

I love your cupcake bears!  So yummy!  Is there a "baker's dozen" discount?   bear_wub  :crackup:
Kim Basta

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Excellent, thank you. I attached it and put a card in there saying the threads could be snipped to remove the bear and would not ruin the ensemble.

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website
WildThyme wrote:

I love your cupcake bears!  So yummy!  Is there a "baker's dozen" discount?   bear_wub  :crackup:
Kim Basta

haha, thank you! I wish I was fast enough to make a dozen!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA
cherylbruinwerks wrote:

I would say to continue on what you've been doing. You want your customer to see your work, exactly the way you intended it to be. If they choose to change it after that, its their perogative.
Just my humble opinion though! bear_grin

Cheryl bear_flower

My advice as well!! bear_thumb I just adore your cupcakes!!!!!!

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Jennifer, have you thought about putting one of those extra strong little magnets in your bear and a metal disk in your cupcake? That way the bear would stay put, but could be removed and re-attached as desired.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

NOW thats clever Sabine!!!!  bear_thumb why didnt I think of that?  bear_grin

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Acipenser wrote:

Jennifer, have you thought about putting one of those extra strong little magnets in your bear and a metal disk in your cupcake? That way the bear would stay put, but could be removed and re-attached as desired.

Excellent idea, Sabine!  I have put magnets in the paw pads of some of my bears so they could hold metal objects.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Me, too...what everyone else said, although I like the magnet idea as well.

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Great idea. I would somehow have to imbed the magnet in the butt. I know that sounds really bad but that's probably what I would have to do since my bears are solid.  bear_shocked

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I say keep doing it the same also. They need to see how you see it in your mind and heart. I love your little bearies ... you know that . I HAVE ONE YOU GUYS !!!!! :dance:

Board footer