Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Anybody have more details.  Our post mistress said the middle of May and that because of Homeland Security there would be a whole passel of new regs.....

anybody have any ideas what the regs are?

She didn't-she said it would all be in the computer and she would have to go by the computer....mainly refering to sending out of country....

just getting curious here.....

dilu

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

May 14

first class goes to .41 cents   postcards to .26 cents

You can find most anything you want to know at www.usps.com

Here is a link to the notice giving the date of effect: http://www.usps.com/ratecase/

You might also be interested in knowing about the Forever Stamp.... a $ .41 stamp that can be used forever, regardless of future rate increases. http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ … ctId=29351

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Well frankly, I'm FED UP with receiving so many catalogs!  I'd like to know why it is my catalogs can arrive in pristine condition, by the truckloads, and yet if I receive a letter or a magazine, it looks like the poor thing's been shredded??  Most of the catalogs I receive every two weeks.  That cannot be good for the environment, as most of them go straight to the garbage bin....and most of these companies have online websites.   

As for the Forever stamp ~ I think its a great idea, but I actually WANT my changing stamps!  I like to be able to chose Disney stamps, or the huge, colourful Superlative series, or even the ones that have mostly gone 'underground' like the various environments around the US.  I love to get and send letters, and I find the stamps to be a 'finishing' touch, more for me than the other person. 

Frankly, I can't understand why its taking the postal system so long to charge more for the catalogs and other 'junk mail' but if you want to send a letter or a postcard, you'll PAY for it!....and all those stupid catalogs too  bear_angry !! 

.....sorry, rant over....  bear_whistle

Board footer