Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Pages:
Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio
Stitch wrote:

I'm a Snape fan

Snape is innocent..lol and Dumbledore isn't dead..well that's my belief, as  Snape can bottle death..remember?

Hmmmmm. Maybe but I don't get my hopes up for that. I think Harry was right all along about Snape.

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

I know wouldn't my kid just hate me if I named him Harry Potter :crackup:  :crackup:
Can you imagine in college, the prof say "Potter,Harry?"
everyone starts laughing, my son stands up and says "Man I hate my Mom!"  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
I tend to think that Dumbledore is dead, but the " Bottle Death " comment really makes me wonder now, or does it mean he can cause death thru a potion?
I love the idea of another Black being a good person.
And the part where Nevelle becomes a prof and so does Harry, would be great, he would be perfect for the job, and man they have to get someone in there to last longer, or no one would take the job.  I really, really want Harry to live.
I am still thinking Snape will turn out to be a good guy,  but man he stinks right now, between him and Umbridge I hated them more then Voldemort.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

I'm a big Harry Potter fan too and just reading this post has me itching to go back and read the last book again before the new one comes out - so many little details that I think I have forgotten! I really don't think Harry will die and I don't think Dumbledore is dead either! I would HIGHLY recommend this series to anyone who hasn't read it or thinks they are just childrens books - you really don't know what you are missing. The movies are good but of course they just can't have all the detail in them - and I do wonder if they are as easy to follow for someone who hasn't read the books???

burlisonbears Burlison Bears
Louisville, Kentucky

What a coincidence!!!

Y'all are discussing Harry Potter and a few days ago I decided to re-read the books again to refresh my memory before the last book comes out. My husband and I are huge Harry Potter fans. I started reading them aloud to my husband many many years ago before they were ever popular books....and then I watched them just take off and become movies and parties at bookstores! We attend each Harry Potter Party at Barnes & Noble. They always hire a real magician for entertainment....and the dramatic countdown of the last seconds till midnight is always so exciting! Can't believe it's going to be the last book and our last Potter Party! I'll be sad when it's all over and done with!  bear_cry Hope Harry doesn't die...but good chance he might. I just hope Draco Malfoy gets what's coming to him once and for all! Oh, and I hope Dudley gets a good kick in the pants as well!

So wonderful to find out that teddy bear artists have so much in common...outside of the teddy bear world! So many of us love Harry Potter....and probably fantasy in general for that matter!

Well I'm going to go toddle off to bed now and continue to read.........Harry Potter!!!!!  :dance:

-Eliza  bear_laugh

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon
burlisonbears wrote:

I started reading them aloud to my husband many many years ago before they were ever popular books....

How funny, Eliza...that happened to me too!!!  A friend of mine turned my son and I on to them before they became popular here in the US too.  I was desperately trying to find SOMETHING, ANYTHING to encourage my youngest son to read...he just didn't like it at all...found it utterly booooooooring.  Her son, and Taylor's friend, was reading the first Harry Potter book only the British version and just loved it so be borrowed it as soon has  Mac finished...we were hooked from then on and couldn't wait for each book to come out....still can't.  I read them BEFORE he does.  :)

I'll be sad when they are done...I always do that with books...can't wait to find out what happens...then a big let down when it's over.  Boo Hoo!!!

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Well you guys, all that talk about Harry Potter....... bear_grin Here is my "Harry P. Bear" I think I will have to find him a magic wand bear_grin .
Bear hugs.
Gladys bear_flower 000_1336.jpg[img]http://
What do you think Shane?

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

WOW! That IS a BIG picture!! Sorry guys bear_sad  I am still learning  to work with the picture ""sizing thing""  Sorry Quy bear_rolleyes I will, one day, with LOTS of help !!!
Gladys bear_flower

He's Magical  I love him bear_thumb

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Thanks Jodi I just think I better give him blue eyes bear_grin  I had a BIG senior moment and gave him black!! bear_wacko
Bear hugs .
Gladys bear_flower

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Stitch & Bear Guys,
IT can't be that negative. Dumbledore trusted Snape. Dumbledore, up to this point, has never been wrong. We know so little of the deep background of this story. I think we have to trust our instincts  bear_ermm Dumbledore may be dead but Snape will have a large part in saving Harry. I would be VERY surprised if Harry dies. I think he will leave Hogwarts and maybe even start a new series on his own?
Karen

Wouldn't that be great, I will be so sad when the series is over, I just feel that Harry will not die in this book and stay dead, I also think Snape is going to turn out good.  I want Jenny and Harry to get married and be happy.

Here's my Harry Potter Storytime Mouse
wizard.jpg
It was soooo much fun to do.

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Ohhhh Gladys  I love your bear, your right though blue eyes would be wonderful on him.  I just happen to have an official Harry Potter wand in my possession heehee, Steve bought it for me a couple of yrs ago for Christmas.

Karen , I know I don't want Harry to die either I will be very upset if he does.  But that said I think he may die but perhaps Snape may be able to bring him back to life.  Remember in the first one movie, Snape comes into the room and states there will be no foolish wand tricks and other stuff but he also mentions that in his potions class you can learn how to put a stopper on Death!!  So perhaps he has some kind of potion that will save Harry.

Jodi  I love your Harry Potter storytime mouse, absolutly magical  bear_grin

big hugs

Shane

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Thanks Shane. His eyes are "turning blue" as we speak bear_grin . You know.. MAGIC!! You lucky you!! I am sure you got very happy with Steve Christmas present! There are so many realistic looking things from the movies that you can buy but, $$$ bear_wacko  I love the Crest keychain ( like the one  my bear has ) and the Time-Turner is one of my favorites, the case that comes in is great looking too! Do not have it but, it will be nice!!  The dolls! I do collects 16" fashion dolls too and the ones that are out from the HP movies are really good, they really look like the kids! Most of the times the personalities dolls do not look at all like the real people!
I think that it will be more Harry for books ( movies too I hope! ) to come. They can turn ANYTHING  that will happen ( bad things we do not want to see  bear_sad  ) around very fast...Like I said. It IS about Magic after all bear_thumb
Jodi I LOVE your story time mouse! bear_thumb  It looks like it was a lot of fun putting it together! I wish I could see it out close and in person!!
Have a great weekend guys.
Bear hugs.
Gladys bear_flower

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

I am Harry Potter fan too.   bear_grin
thanks for sharing photos !!

You know it's funny before Harry Potter I HATED!!!!! to read, I would take a punishment before I would read, but when my son was reading the Harry Potter books I heard about all the stuff about it being bad, and thought , Man I am a lousy parent, I haven't even read them, well I started the book and could not put it down, I would get mad if I had to quit reading it.

Well once I was finished reading all the ones that were out, I started reading a bunch of books that I have now grown to love. The Anne of Green Gables series, anything by EB White, Jane Austin I also love the Secret Garden and of the childrens classics. Harry Potter is really just a magical book series.

I preordered my book and bought my invitation to the big Harry Potter party the book store is having, I am working on the costumes we are going to wear (my 2 sons and my oldests girlfriend are all going in costume) and I have volunteered to help out.  I will make sure I take tons of pictures and I'll post them here, if anyone else goes to a Harry Potter party , take lots of pics and make sure to share.

Here a picture of the invitation they gave out, I think they did a really great job.

000001mous.jpg

Shane I got a wand too for christmas, I love the box they came in. I agree I think snape is going to bring Harry back to life.

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Woah, is she called jenny in the American version? She's Ginny over here....

JK Rowling has said she's not writing any more kids books... to me that means she'll kill Harry off so the series isn't hanging over her head when she turns to adult fiction...

Stitch SanguineCreations
Wales

Here's my Harry Potter lol, (my Thaddeus)

03HPotter.jpg

Gantaeno wrote:

Woah, is she called jenny in the American version? She's Ginny over here....

JK Rowling has said she's not writing any more kids books... to me that means she'll kill Harry off so the series isn't hanging over her head when she turns to adult fiction...

Nope it's Ginny here too, I was just having a blonde moment LOL LOL LOL bear_wacko , one of my friends name is Jenny and I was talking to her on the phone  before I posted, we were talking about the book party and I guess her name was stuck in my head.

that picture of Thaddeus is soooo cute!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Awwww now how sweet is Thaddeus  perfect  :photo:  of him heehee..

Great Invitation Jodi, our book stores here don't do anything like that, wish they did that's a great little keepsake.

big hugs

Shane

burlisonbears Burlison Bears
Louisville, Kentucky

Jodi,

I LOVE your Harry Potter Storytime mouse set!!!
I want it!!! Are you selling it right now?

-Eliza

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Here is my Harry P.Bear with the right eye color bear_original  I think it is better. Right Shane? Now I need to make a wand bear_grin
000_1344.jpgok.jpg
Sandy your H.P. is soooooo cute!!
Jodi the invitation is great! .
Bear hugs and Golly smiles.
Gladys bear_flower

Gladys you gave me a great idea , all us Harry Potter fans should do a Harry Potter world inspired piece and list it here to share. I would love to do something else Harry Potter what does everyone think? I think it would be fun to see everyones spin on this wonderful book.  Anyone game?

Hugs
Jodi

Also:
Eliza you are so sweet , I tell you what, I would be willing to help you make one for no charge , it is so fun to do, anyone else that would be interested to do it , let me know and we can do an online type class.  You can't tell from the picture but the details in this , was so fun to make I'll take a close up of some of the pieces that went into it and give a step by step directions.
At some point I will be doing another one but the one pictured is one I sold a while back and I have another one that I made for my son.

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Love your idea! bear_thumb  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
It will be so interesting to see all the bears!
Lets do it guys  bear_thumb
Gladys bear_flower

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

bear_cool  Here's my photo contribution.......
Mrs. Norrismrsnorris.jpg
A wonderful but misunderstood cat! What other cat would stand guard with it's owner!
Karen

Pages:

Board footer