Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

http://cgi.ebay.com/MaSal-Artist-Bear-L … dZViewItem

OK this person is amazing, each time she does something it is better then the last.

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Isn't her work just amazing, I can't even begin to wonder how many hows this bear took. 

big hugs

Shane

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_shocked OMG!!!!!  I'm just speachless over the sheer artistry here!   bear_shocked   I mean, the articulation in the feet, let alone the needlefelting, and the airbrushing ~ WOW!!!  bear_shocked

burlisonbears Burlison Bears
Louisville, Kentucky

Jodi,

I happened to be on ebay late at night the second this Ma'Sal bear arrived with a 1.00 starting bid. I couldn't believe how real and beautiful it was...it actually made me tear up a bit  bear_cry ...I know I'm silly...so I immediately emailed the artist to let her know my thoughts on how she is truly a gifted artist. She emailed me back and she was very happy and gracious. She seems very sweet. We should invite her to come to TT.  bear_original

Her work does get better and better! That's the best bear cub I've ever seen....and I laugh everytime I see that she has included an "anus" in her creations! How very thorough is that! Haha!  :crackup:  That's just too cute!

-Eliza

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

What must go into this bear, I tried to do a standing bear and it came out ok, but it looked horrible when it was sitting, this bear just looks real, I am like you, I was moved by this bear , it took my breath away when I saw it. 

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

She is an amazing artist and this bear is incredible!!

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

I love seeing the creations of this artist, she has such amazing talent!!

bubbles Bearz by Ilze
Canberra

Brilliant!!  I love her work!

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I just goes to show how worthwhile research is when designing a bear...or other creature. The designer has obviously looked very hard at real bears when designing Bosco and taken on board what defines them, the stance is perfect and the colouration is really accurate. Some really fascinating techniques have been used....they say they don't use needlefelting or polymer clay...whatever they do it's very, very clever and I really do admire their skill, artistry, innovation and obvious talent.

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

I have been very impressed by them in the past and this is no exception! Their creations are so lifelike! I can't believe that they put a skeleton in there! I love the bit about the anus too... kinda grossed me out and kinda made me smile.

I don't know how they do it!
Aeri

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Thank you for sharing this. I was pleased to see this artist selling on Ebay- she obviously get results there.

Lynette

beary_clairey Luton

What a great talent, such skill.

I must say though, its a little bit too life like for me!! Spooks me out a bit !!!

Hugs

Claire

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

It is very real looking !!! WOW

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

I find her bears scarily accurate XD Make me think of taxidermy work... and amazing amount of skill involved though: the one on her website has 140 parts! And I'd love to be able to add in that many joints... ah well bear_tongue

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I was blown away when I first spotted this bear on Ebay.  Her creations are so unique and amazing.  It must have taken forever make Bosco.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh yes, I adore their works. I thought Masaru is man and there is 2artists working together. not sure one more person is
his wife or not but according to Masaru's website he has background in modern art. hmmmmmmmmm  no wonder.  bear_smile  :clap:

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

I have another question about this bear- do you think (I know nothing about the subject) but can they have made use of taxidermist products to get the realistic finish ?

From Nancy Tillberg's one book- she mentions one or two taxidermist suppliers and you can get  supplies from them, especially realistic looking eyes, and jaw sets.

Another avenue to persue for bear making.

Lynette

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I think Marie you are right..that two artists work together on these pieces...I am sure too that taxidermy techniques are employed for this type of work . When I did my own open mouth design...(not comparing my work to this by the way) I did use taxidermy techniques to make the mouth..as I couldn't get my head round bear making ones and the taxidermy way seemed logical....

I think all the designs are superbly executed and well thought out...

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

oh my goodness....what talent!!! Where does one even begin to learn how to do that? I mean really,  this it the tops isn't it.....

Michelle

Board footer