Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Been away from my computer the last few days, and also felt like every time I sat down here in TT, it was to post something that was unpleasant, so this time I waited till I heard the good news .
My grandson has been in hospital and was discharged today. Trying to amuse an 11 month old baby who has a drip in his arm is not easy, thankfully he is well on the road of healing and mom was able to take him home.

Another issue, is BEWARE OF SCAMS ( of course they go on all around the world) but one doing the rounds here in South Africa is Mr  Jacob Booi care taker of Thorntons Children's Home, Cape Town.

this one is where they prey on your feelings for children who are HIV positive- mainly orphans.
its the old story of placing an order, paying you the deposit then stating that they have paid in error and asking for a refund, DO NOT FALL FOR THIS.  Normally the cheque they deposit into your account is a stolen cheque, so you see funds paid in, think you are now awfully rich and refund them anything that they say they have paid in error. When the bank discovers the funds were paid in with a stolen cheque, everything is then reversed from your account, and the thief has scored.

My attitude is once the money is in my bank account that is where it stays, paid to me in error or not.

What made me so mad, was to think that he thought I would be so stupid to fall for his little scam.

Lynette

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Good news about your grandson. It's hard to see your baby in the hospital. You feel so helpless.

I get mad at those scams, too. I've gotten several now from a Sgt. someone who's asking for money for the troops in Iraq...not that I don't think they should have everything they need, but we always work through a known charity.

bubbles Bearz by Ilze
Canberra

Trying to amuse an 11 month old baby who has a drip in his arm is not easy, thankfully he is well on the road of healing and mom was able to take him home.

Oh, I know all about that.  When my daughter was about 12 months old she was admitted to hospital to be put on an antibiotic drip for a few days.  She was a lively one (still is), and trying to keep her in the cot was a story and a half.  I eventually took her for walks down the corridor.  It was such a funny sight; Here I am walking, pushing the drip stand and little 'Miss Muffet' is crawling on the floor, drip in her arm.  The people thought it was hillarious.

Hope your little grand son will be up and running around in no time.

Hugs :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Ilze

Board footer