Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I was just wondering what everyone's favourite flower is. I love flowers and thought I would share a picture of one of my favourites.

Favourite_flower.jpg

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I haven't been able to pick just one favorite but, as I've been slacking off on bear making and spending time on my garden this past week (see my blog for more pictures!) here are a few of my favorites... I think if I had to pick one I'd say daisies (white or yellow... love 'em both!).... or maybe lilacs...  bear_grin  I love hydrangeas too!

YellowDaisyz_sm.jpg

BtrflyLilac_sm.jpg

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

roses, love them!!!  I have around 40 different plants and my favrite are the english roses.  They kept me happy while I was bedridden last month, they all bloomed at once just for me, here is a vase of them I had on my nightstand
12.jpg
and this is my fav, 4tt.jpg

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Wonderful topic!!! I love flowers...of all kinds, but at this time of year in New Mexico, it is a toss up between the Cactus flowers & the Irises. Here are pictures of both I took this past week.
cactus.jpg
iris2.jpg

Hugs &

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Definitely lilies... I love drawing and painting them bear_original  My final GCSE Art exam was based on Georgia O'Keefe's Lilies and Skulls: my art teacher told me (minutes before the exam) that oils 'just weren't my thing', and I got 98% XD

SheepStargazer.jpg

Adkins, Texas

Oh I just have to share one more...This is an Antelope Horn.antelopehorn1.jpg

Hugs &

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Beautiful flowers everyone!  Charlotte... I've never seen that "antelope's horn" WOW... so unique and beautiful!

I'm a pansy kind of gal... they just make me happy every time I see them!  And lilacs... just the smell of lilac makes me feel good about the world!

Kim Basta

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kim.... this is for you from my garden!  bear_original

Pansies.jpg

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Such lovely pics!!!   bear_flower 

I have to say lilacs, hyacinths, or roses.  Anything that has a fragrance really  bear_rolleyes  I get so fed up with the roses that are bred nowadays for colour alone.  Will Shakespeare would be traumatized!  I know I am  bear_sad

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Bright, cheerful SUNFLOWERS!!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I don't really have a favorite flower and I don't have a picture because the deer eat them....GRRRRRRRR...but I really love SWEET PEAS!  They are sweet (thus the name) delicate and simple.

Hudson, Ohio

Daphne.... those are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!  I love those pretty delicate colors!!!! So often we just see the standard purple and yellow ones.  I love those ones too, but the softly toned ones with the gorgeous veining in the petals are my favs!!!!!  Thanks so much Daphne!!!!!!!   bear_wub  :hug:  bear_wub

Kim Basta

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

0.jpgMy Favorites are spring flowers like daffodils and tulips.
But here is a photo for Sue Ann that I took when visiting my mum and dad in france.

Shelley Kooterboocubs
Brighton

I would have to say Gerber Daisies are my all time fav. But I love all kinds of flowers bear_wub . They sure brighten up my day :dance:  :dance:  Shelley

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Wow, beautiful flowers ! ! !    I can't grow flowers here either because of the deer, but this was in my front yard in our old house in Concord, CA.  This is a Brugmansia, or, Angel's Trumpet.  They are extrememely fragrant in the evening.  I used to open the window and front door to smell them in the house.

front_yard_1418_Medium.jpg

Stellajella Wien

Jane, lovely phalenopsis that you have!
I had several,and actually, it is very easy to keep them: no water, light but no hot sun.....well, the last was exactly what mine got a few weeks ago bear_cry ...maybe they´ll come back some time...

Daphne, I saw your beautiful pix already in your blog....great!

Charlotte, what an interesting plant!

Patty, your Brugmanisa is fabulous! We have to put ours to the basement during winter, so they are always cut back, and yes, the fagrance is wonderful and helps against moskitos!

Hard to say, what my favorites are...I´ll go get some pix tomorrow...

Have a great sunday

Gaby bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh wow, Chloe . . . that is a fantastic photo - thanks SO much!!  That is just awesomely gorgeous!  I have grown sunflowers in my yard and love to watch the birds eat the seeds after they ripen.  Charlotte, your antelope horn looks like a milkweed flower.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

My favorite is hydrangeas, I will post pics when they bloom! I just love them!

Hudson, Ohio

Patty!  Oh my gosh those are gorgeous!!!!  They look like little pixie hats to me!!!!  LOVE!  bear_wub  bear_smile

Kim Basta

sarahjane Brisbane

My favourite flowers are orchids, tulips and lilies....really I love all flowers it is so hard to pick a favourite!!!

Adkins, Texas

LOL...Antelope Horn is in milkweed family...Asclepias asperula SueAnn I think this grows in Texas too...or maybe a similar genus...

Hugs &

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

I would have to say my favourite flower would be tulips!  Being half dutch they are close to my heart  bear_flower

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

I completely agree with Sue Ann : Sunflowers, we used to have a field by us, where the farmer grew sunflowers and it made you so happy to see them.

geddes-anne-sunflower-trio-6600037.jpg

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

I love all kinds of flowers, gerber daisies, moss roses, and of course roses are my all time favorite. I really love cabbage roses.
But my all time favorite is the Double Delight. Below is a picture. I had one several years ago and it died.  In the past couple of years I really haven't had the time for roses.
543f.jpg

I do have a wonderful rose that I got for 50 cents @ WalMart, that was on its last legs and now is a wonderful bush.  This year I had to cut back all the dead wood, but in the next 2 years it will all grow back and be as tall as ever.  Even still, this year it is loaded with new canes and flowers.  It has what is called a single flower and a wonderful fragance of light apple blossoms.  In the fall it gets these wonderful red rose hips.  I'll see if I can't take a picture sometimes over the next couple of days for you all to see.

Swan Valley Bears -
I had angel trumpets that came in a mixed seed packet of flowers that would attract birds and butterflies.  And they smelled to high heaven!  You would have thought we had skunks for neighbors.  It took all summer to get rid of them and then I had to use the chain saw to cut them down.  Thankfully, they did not return the next year.  I enjoyed the flowers and the plant itself was interesting, they were like small trees, but the smell was bad.
Your angel trumpet looks great.  How tall is it?  Looks like about 10 feet.  And what does it smell like?

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I love purple violets and pansies, lilacs and lavender - must be a purple thing LOL!  I also love the flowers in a cottage style garden like floxglove, delphiniums, bee balm, echinacea and butterfly bushes but my all time favourites are lupines.  I'm just organizing my garden for the house we moved to last fall, and although it's small, it's going to be jam packed LOL!  I just planted a lupine that is supposed to have different colours on the plant, but so far it's just yellow, but I still think it's gorgeous.
tt4.jpg

Board footer