Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

honeypothollow Posts: 30

i've been looking at alot of the past challenges, and was wondering if there were any new ones coming.  i'm still fairly new here, and was just looking around, and stumbled on the challenges.  i would love to try one.  i have printed out the mouse to try, and would love to try other ideas.  these look like so much fun.

i hope that there are some new ones soon!   :dance:

take care everyone.  i know i've said that i would post some pics, but, got a new computer, and my camera won't work with it.  i'm hoping my husband gets a new camera soon.  i have so many new bears that i would like to show you, and get your opinions on. 

take care everyone!!!!!!!!

jen bear_grin

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Hi Jen
I love to participate on challenges! What about a tapestry bear? I do not think we had one of those yet??? bear_grin
Bear hugs and Golly smiles.
Gladys bear_flower

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

how would a tapestry bear work?...I'm intrigued bear_original

hi gladys!
that sounds like an awesome idea.   i have alot of tapestry fabric, and now that i look at it, i think that would be a great idea.  i've used it for the pads of the feet on my bears, but never thought of making a bear out of it.  i like it!

i think that we should try it.  i'm game if you are bear_original

let's see what we can get going.  what do you say?

take care!

jen

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

im in if someone could explain what a tapestry bear is??...Im afraid my head isnt with me at all times so ive missed quite a few things in my life :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Jen did you finish the Lapyrinth challenge? I did but did not post it cause I got my pictures after the 1 of June which was the due date. I will see if you can see if near my avator. But I have to figure out how to show it. A tapestry Bear must be a bear you have to make out of sofa material which is what some funiture is made of. If I am wrong, anyone here please let me know Ok.

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

How about a patriotic bear, since july 4th is coming up?
Hugs
Jodi

tapestry fabric is the stuff you cover furniture with.  it comes in beautiful patterns.  i've used it for the pads of my bears' feet, and they look beautiful.  i think that a bear would look wonderful made from it.  also, the patriotic bear sounds wonderful too!  that was a wonderful idea!  i have some ideas for that too!  You girls have such great ideas! 

ok, let's decide on which to do. 

i didn't get a chance to do the labrynth one.  i hadn't been on in a while do to being a little sore, so i missed out on that one.  but, i would love to see yours!  i read that challenge, and thought it was so cool!  i wish i didn't miss out on it.

take care everyone.  let me know which one we want to do!! bear_original

hey jodi!  just thought of something!  maybe we could do both.  we could do the fourth of july bear first, and then after that we could do a tapestry bear.  i tried to figure out how to tie the two together for a bear, but with the patterns of tapestry fabric i have, would be kind of hard.  but who knows what i could find.

talk to you all soon

jen

went to the store today and found navy blue tapestry fabric with cream colored stars on it!!!  the beginning of a fourth of july tapestry bear.  yahoo!!  just have to look at my other items to see if i have something here to go with it.   bear_original

I'll do a 4th of July bear and a tapestry bear, both things sound really fun to do, so do we want to combine them and have it be artists choice or have two seperate things?
:hug:

hi jodi!!
i think that artists choice would be good!  i've already got some neat ideas.  now, i just have to make a pattern out of them.  i hate that!  the ideas sound sooooooooo good, then, after drawing a pattern, it doesn't turn out like you had thought it would.  but i guess that is the fun thing about a challenge.

i'm going to get working on it right away.  i'll show some pics when i have made some progress.

take care! 

jen

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Wow ! you guys are really going for it!! I will do both separate or together. Think we should have the  4 of July first and then the Tapestry?
Bear hugs and Golly smiles.
Gladys bear_flower

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

I forgot to mention that I got a real nice red, white and blue Mohair from Intercal a the last show in S. Diego.  That will be my 4 of july one bear_grin
I can't wait bear_wub

Hi Jen, I tell you, I have had a bear design swimming around in my head for so long, I would actually faint if I could ever make it exactly like I see in my head bear_grin Maybe we never achieve it , because if we did we would quit making bears, I could just see it now, you see the bear in your head, you create a pattern as if God is guiding your hand, you get finished, a light shines down from the heavens on the bear while symphony music starts playing. After all that anything else would seem like a let down :crackup: 
I am excited about the challenge too, I found some really cool tapestry material.

:hug:
Jodi

Board footer