Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

StarHawk2003 VallierBears
Shropshire

Hello everyone,

With permission from Jodi Madison, I have thought up an idea so almost everyone can join in and add a little towards the "Bear Artists Against Breast Cancer".

My idea is rather simple but lets hope I can say it that way. Would you like to join our Round Robin? Our round robin would involve making a bear our of scraps or off cuts of material you have. Each person gets to do 2 parts to a bear, wether it be an arm and a leg, The body and an ear, Or inserting eyes and shading! 

I thought it would be a great idea if you just can't afford to make a full bear or don't have time to make a full bear! If you don't have enough fur to make a full arm or leg for instance, Do you have 2 pieces of fur to patch together? You could make a 2 coloured, 2 different length fur arm!

Any "furs" are permitted, Any colour any length and any style. They can be Faux fur, Real fur, Mohair Or Alpaca. Anything as long as it's a fur.

Each person will get a copy of the pattern they have to work from so the bear is at least workable. 

Once you have finished your 2 pieces, You would then send them to a designated person who will assemble the bear together. 

We need volunteers to sign up, Either place your name in a reply post or PM me and I will add you to the list. Also specify what 2 parts of the bear you would like to do! Obviously, first come, First served. 

I also need urgently, someone willing to make or give us permission to use a pattern for the project!

I think 1 week will be long enough to complete two parts to a bear for everyone.

1 person do the head
1 person do the body
1 person do the ears
1 person do the arms and legs
1 or 2 people be the finisher (USA only for ebay auctioning reasons)

(The above was taken from Jodi's post below)

This is the list we need to fill. If anyone else can think of anything to add just say :)

Assembling all the limbs and needle sculpting will have to do be done by one person as they will need all the parts!

This is going to be great fun, I am already wondering what the bear will look like!

So come on PM and post if you want to take part!  :dance:

Richy~

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Richy,

I think this is such a cool idea, it would be a way to be involved without having to make a whole bear, plus it kind of represents this whole idea, together we as a group can make something happen. I have a basic teddy bear pattern you could use if you would like, I could email it to everyone wanting to be involved with this. Maybe you could have it broken down like this:

1 person do the head
1 person do the body
1 person do the ears
1 person do the arms and legs
1 or 2 people be the finisher (have the last person be someone in the US so it will be able to be auctioned with no problems from ebay)

Wouldn't it be cool to see how this would look finished, I think this is so great!
Bear Hugs
Jodi

Richy I think you are exactly the kind of person that make me so proud to be a bear maker!!!!!

StarHawk2003 VallierBears
Shropshire

Jodi,

What a brilliant idea! I do like your lay out much better! I would be more then happy to do a part of the bear... Well I was pretty much hoping I would get to do a part :)

All we need is a few more people willing to participate and we would have a super cool bear. All that fun and excitement to see what the finished one will look like and all for such a great cause too!

Well, all we need now is say 4 or 5 more people. 

Richy~

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

What size of bear would this be (I presume it would be a larger bear and not a mini!).  I think the jointing method would have to be specified so that all the joints would match - like maybe cotter pin joints so that they can be inserted and the limbs stuffed by whoever is doing limbs - and same for head. I'd be willing to take part but what I could do might depend on the size of bear and whether or not I have the needed parts in the right sizes - ie. joints, eyes. I could certainly do the body or even a couple of bodies if we want to do more than one bear - I have lots of "big" bear fabric just not so much in the way of other things for big bears!  Course then I guess I would really be getting off easy wouldn't I as the body likely wouldn't be able to be stuffed until after the head and limbs were attached!  bear_grin  Or, I could do ears too - no problem! Would sure make mailing to the States easy and cheap!

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

We do this as a class at my shop.  We have 5 - 6 ladies come and each sews a part of the bear.  We have nibbles and refreshments - it works really good.

Jane

Board footer