Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

OK I met the most wonderful artist when I went to the bear show in Kohler and I bought 2 of her wonderful mice, all her work was amazing, but I have a weakness for mice/hamster/rats/bunnies and I ended up buying more then I sold bear_whistle

The brown mouse sits at my computer  and I was telling a friend about them and when I went to show her, I realized the person who made it didn't put her name on the tag. She sells under the name J&J Studio , I don't think she has a website and I would love to talk to her again.

Any help would be great.

jandJmice.jpg

Hugs
Jodi

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Sorry I can't help you with this one, but OH MY GOSH are they CUTE!!   bear_smile
Awesome details n design!

:hug:
~Chrissi

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

I am sorry, I have no idea either, but those little mice are just wonderful.  I would love to see more of her work if you track her down!!!

They are so good, the ears she uses like a suede and makes them feel so real. I don't know how she does the faces, the pictures just don't capture how great they are.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Jodi, if this show in Kohler that ABC used to do, maybe you could email Amber and/or Connie to see if they remember who the artist is.  Really cute mice!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh wow - they are amazing!!! Lucky you  - I have no idea who made them, but ooh I love them!
Danni

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Sorry I can't be of help Jodi but they are fantastic creations and would love to see more of her work.
Laurie :hug:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

OH Jodi I want one!!! they are sooooo cute bear_wub  :hug:  I hope you track her down :dance:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Jodi-
Here's a link to the list of participating artists at this year's show..... does this help???
http://www.nurserywindow.com/events.html

If not the contact info for the show promoter is there.... perhaps they'll know who the artist is!

They are the most adorable mice I've ever seen!!! bear_wub

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Johni Jacobsen Studio
She has designed a collection for Barton's Creek Bears, including a mouse.
Couldn't find a website for her though.
Just this:  http://www.gotbears.com/barton07jacobsen.html

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Johni Jacobsen lives in northern IL. I've been with her at one of the KDIGS shows in the early 00s.
Isabella Hoffman or Amy Thornton are from WI and probably know how to get hold of her. 
And The Nursery Window would be the place to start, or alternately, Connie & Amber.

Laura, Johnni was in your Home Showcase, wasn't she??

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Glad the others could help, they're absolutely adorable, and definitely memorable  bear_wub  bear_wub

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Awesome mice! What wonderful additions to your collection Jodi. I can see why they were hard to resist.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

YES YES YES that is who it is. These mice are amazing and she is a real doll to talk to and her husband was so sweet. Thank you Daphne, Sue and Bobbie :hug:
I wanted to email her and could not figure out how to get in touch with her.  Thank you everyone. bear_wub

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Those are the cutest mice !! How happy thay are !!! bear_grin

nettie scotland
Website

They are so cute Jodi.I would like one sitting with me too.
Diane xx

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

yeah i'll have one too - she will be indundated !
good luck finding her
cat xxx

Hey Jodi How are you????? I think of you a lot lately, I wish I could make things easier for you, we miss your cheerful posts and wonderful spirit on here.  It's funny, I swore I was going to do the kohler show and come back with money and pay for the little family trip, welllllll you should never do a bear show if you started out as a collector before making bears bear_cry  on the slow moments you start wandering and buying bear_grin I met some really wonderful people too, so maybe I left poorer in pocket but richer in spirit :)
:hug:
Jodi

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

oh my, I want one!

No idea who it is, but I soo want one

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

well it looks like the identity of your artist has been found. And I have to say, those are the cutest mice!!! you are a  lucky duck to have them.!!

cjhighflyer Posts: 1

hi i think i might be able to help. johni jacobsen is in fact my grandmother. i stumbled upon this blog having been looking at some of her work being an artist myself i am more than glad to help you get in contact with her be it by email or phone contact me at my email cjhighflyer@gmail.com im glad to help out my grandmother in keeping a fellow collector

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
cjhighflyer wrote:

hi i think i might be able to help. johni jacobsen is in fact my grandmother. i stumbled upon this blog having been looking at some of her work being an artist myself i am more than glad to help you get in contact with her be it by email or phone contact me at my email cjhighflyer@gmail.com im glad to help out my grandmother in keeping a fellow collector

I've gotten to know your grandmother quite well since Jodi started this conversation 3 years ago.  I'm sure by now she's gotten in contact with her. Johnni is such a wonderful lady and so full of ideas and inspiration. I got together with her and another bear artist friend just last month for a day of bear making... I learned a lot from your grandmother!!! You are so lucky to have such a sweet and cmulti-talented grandmother!! Sounds like the creativity runs in the family too!
bear_original

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

WELCOME to Johnni's Gr-Daughter!!
We absolutely LV the high sense of whimsey & delightful expressive faces that Johnni works into her faces through needle felting, plus adding many other art mediums into her work - just beautiful

Please introduce yourself to us; what type of art do you do?

Board footer