Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

I am thinking about going not as a seller,  but as a buyer, is anyone else going?
:hug:
Jodi
Hey I haven't read any posts from the Bearguys in a while , I hope everything is OK with them

Lynn Wisconsin

Hi Jodi,

I am going and signed up for be Michelle Lamb's class.

Lynn

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

I wish I could go! The Schaumburg shows are a definite favourite of mine - I think Connie and Amber are tops bear_laugh

Cheryl bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hiya, Jodi . . . I will be there!  My guess is that Shane and Steven, Amy, Laura, Kelly and Margaret, Jane and Jared, and Daphne will also be there.  Just guessing, though.

I think it would be fun to meet face to face, I am excited, I thought about taking Michelle's class too, she is soooo sweet and she is a bear making genius. I would love to just watch her work. OK that sounded kind of creepy stalkerish bear_cry  But I bet a person  could learn so many great tips from her .

I think we should wear name tags that say our names and TT on them so we can be on the watchout for everyone or as it gets closer we should set a time and place to meet. I would imagine Intercal will be there , I love being able to actually see and touch the mohair, I am planning on doing some major shopping. I hope they bring glass eyes too. :dance:

:hug:

badge.jpg

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Um, Jodi... there ARE TT buttons available!
http://www.cafepress.com/teddytalk

I'm on the fence about the show this year. I had a blast year... my first time.... meeting Sue Ann, the Bear Guys and others for the first time was fantastic! I'd love to do it again this year but the very next weekend is Hunt Valley.... a lot of travel and a lot of inventory.... not so sure I can do it all. I'd ruled it out but have been reconsidering... if I can't get a table at this point I can always go as a collector!

Yes, Jodi, GO!   bear_thumb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Oh, by all means, Dale will be there representing Intercal, I'm sure.  Your name tag is totally fun and I will certainly be wearing my "Teddy Talk" tag.

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

I posted this somewhere else, but thought I'd add it here, too:

Speaking of Schaumburg, anyone who's planning to exhibit or register for the convention needs to do so this month (June). ABC mentioned a somewhat startling lack of RSVPs so far -- very unusual for their shows. I figure everyone's wincing at the price of gas and plane tickets -- or yawning lazily in the summer sun -- but you really need to plan your travel and let ABC know so they can plan the show. In the whole supply/demand scheme of economics, they need to know what the demand is so they can supply the right amount of tables, workshops, etc.

Cheers!
Mindy

But Daphne they need to put I like to feel mohair :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  is it totally weird I do???????????

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

After 11 years of exhibiting in both Schaumburg shows, I haven't been able to get to either Spring or Fall since Oct 02, but I've done some major rescheduling just to attend this fall, for Michelle's class!

I've printed out my 'Name Tag"!  THX!!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Jodi - nothing about chocolate on that name tag??? :crackup:

In response to Mindy's post:

For those who are hesitating because of the price..... I noticed that ABC is offering a 1/2 table option at this show. So you get 4' of table space, share the table with another artist, and pay a reduced booth fee. I think this is a great idea!! Having someone to chat with and perhaps even share 'bear-sitting' duties so you each can puruse the show!!
And for those with a full show schedule and concerned about inventory.... filling half a table is much less daunting!

bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

This IS good news, as only those from outside the US have been allowed a 'club' or shared table. Connie Amber & Debbie are Class (in the Yank sense!) promotors!

badge2a.jpg
:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Daphne here's the new badge

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thank you!!!  :crackup:  :hug:  :crackup:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:crackup:  :crackup: Jodi I loved your first name tag, but this second outshines the first  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Okay, I think that sums up Teddy Talk then?  bear_whistle

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

I'm already signed up. And for Michelle's Class too! I was really bummed that I didn't have the cash to take The Bear Guy's class last time!!!!! I always try to take as many classes as I can. I don't care how many bears I have made, I can ALWAYS learn something new....the same goes when I teach a class.
TTFN
Amy 

NewelleyBears Newelley.Bears
Harrow, Ontario

I am planning on going to the show.  I will just be there as a buyer, but hopefully I can pick up some new bears, meet all you awesome people and maybe get a few bears for consignment to sell at the store.  It's my first Teddy Bear show, so I will be extremely excited to go...It's only a 6 hour trip from here, so it will make for a nice road trip.

NewelleyBears Newelley.Bears
Harrow, Ontario

Holcomb-Bears-0020.jpgPS

SUE ANN

I will have to bring Cappuccino and Keepsake with me to have you autograph them in person!

Here's a pic of them :

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

I will be happy to, Jeremy!  :hug:  :hug:

Sue Ann, what a cool thing I remember you telling us about you winning that contest, but how cool to see your design idea made into a Steiff. I know I said this before, but it bears repeating Bravo to you!!!!! :clap:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Many thanks, Jodi . . . it has been thrilling!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario
Daphne wrote:

Um, Jodi... there ARE TT buttons available!
http://www.cafepress.com/teddytalk

I'm on the fence about the show this year. I had a blast year... my first time.... meeting Sue Ann, the Bear Guys and others for the first time was fantastic! I'd love to do it again this year but the very next weekend is Hunt Valley.... a lot of travel and a lot of inventory.... not so sure I can do it all. I'd ruled it out but have been reconsidering... if I can't get a table at this point I can always go as a collector!

Yes, Jodi, GO!   :thumbsup:

We will definiitely be in Schaumburg in Oct and in Hunt Valley the following weekend.  So Daphne if we can do it you can as well (sheesh we are coming from another country twice in a week )  we have to deal with Customs TWICE and they don't seem to like us very much  bear_grin .  PLUS we have to make new costumes for the Hunt Valley show (ok actually Steve has to make them I just come up with the idea's)  So if we can do all of that Daphne you can too  :crackup:  :crackup: .

Ok  the Bearguys are alive and well.  Steve has survived his concussion and is progressing along nicely  bear_grin  bear_grin .  I have promised to hit him anymore in the head as long as he behaves.

Jodi we have been around but not on as much as we had a bunch of orders to get out the door plus we go away every weekend camping (ok this weekend we had to stay home and finish bears as we got behind with Steve being light headed for a couple of week).    It would so wonderful to meet you in person,  You'd have to bring one of your sweet bears so that I could see one in person.  We are hoping to set something up for the TT's in Schaumburg  (hmmmmm I wonder how many people you can fit in one hotel room  bear_grin )

Big hugs

Shane

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yeah but see, Shane..... I travel alone..... make bears alone..... and leave a hubby who works, 2 high maintenance dogs and parents who don't seem to get by very long without me (you'd think they would!) when ever I go away. I'm also doing a big show 2 weeks before Schaumburg requiring travel.

I know you guys have a loaded show schedule this fall..... I don't envy the 'getting there' but what fun you'll have at the shows. Some of the burden is shared where there are two of you.

I guess I'm just whining here.... I'll stop!  bear_noexpression

bear_grin  :hug:  bear_grin

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

I understand Daphne  I just wanted to give you a hard time that's all sweetie pie.  I know it is very different when there are two of us who do bears.  While Steve does faces and such I'm stuffing like a mad man  bear_grin  bear_grin .  We actually backed out of the the DC Doll and Teddy Expo, we would have been dead by the end of August as we would of had three shows back to back and while both of us are still working full time and trying to do bears in the evening there just would not have been anytime for us.   We have to have some non bear time as well  as does everyone, but we will see you at Hunt Valley hopefully if you go (trust me you have to go to that one, someone has asked us to do something in Hunt Valley and well if your not there you won't see now will you  bear_innocent ). 

big hugs

Shane

Board footer