Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Baysidebears Bayside Bears
Cape Cod, MA

I just set up a Bayside Bears Blog.  I thought it would be a good way to communicate with my collectors. I don't do shows anymore and I miss visiting with them and let them know what I have been up to.
I 'm not quite sure I have  figured out how to insert an active link here,  bear_wacko so here is my Blog address to cut and paste http://baysidebears.blogspot.com

Sorry I haven't posted in a while.  My husband has just recovered from 2 surgeries. He had emergency surgery in March to remove a growth form his appendix that turned out to have some cancer cells within. So, he had to go back for more surgery to remove a part of his colon to see if it had spread. Both times his incision got infected and had to be reopened and I had to pack it twice a day till it healed from the inside out. I was a better nurse than I thought I would be! Good thing I don't get grossed out too easily! Luckily , there was no more sign of any cancer and he got the all clear sign. But, a scare like that puts a lot of things in perspective. It was a long recovery. He is almost as good as new and thus I am putting lots of energy into new designs and my new Blog. I do hope you visit and make a comment if you have the time.
If any of you have a blog, I would love to visit and maybe add it to my list of links.
It's good to back. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Mary Lou

Cape Cod, MA

Well, Whaddayaknow....   bear_thumb The User List page lists members with blogs....who knew? Not me!
Now I can go browsing!

Mary Lou

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Mary Lou I'm so happy that your husband is on the mend and  even greater news that there is no other sign of cancer.  I agree it certainly does bring thigs into perspective,  have enjoyed your bears for yrs and look forward to seeing your new designs and reading your blog.

big hugs

Shane

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hello Mary Lou,

Lovely to meet you and your beautiful bears.

Sorry to hear that your husband had not been well.

I have a friend over here Michelle that had to cancel her 40th birthday party celebrations and went in to hopsital
to have her appendix removed.
Six months later she was still not feeling well so they examined further and to her horror had a cancerous growth
removed from her colon.
She is now well again after chemo and is amazingly bright for someone that has gone through so much.

I look forward to  going for a visit to your blog and website.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Mary Lou, nice to see you back with us. I am so sorry to read about your husband's ill health. This illness is something many of our family have had far too much contact with. My husband had bowel cancer but he is fine now. It took him a while to recover but as I said he is ok.
I have always liked your bears Mary Lou and have seen them often on Ebay...great work! Once I have posted this I will visit your website and blog. Good luck to your husband!

Hugs Jane.  :hug:  bear_thumb  :hug:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Hi Mary Lou,
So glad to know that your hubby is on the mend and your new designs are just terrific!  Welcome to the "Blog" world.  I added you to mine already.

Can't wait to see more of your new creations!

Hugs,
Lisa

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Nice to hear from you and I'm glad that your husband is on the mend. I'm off to check out your blog!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Hi Mary Lou! 

So sorry to hear you've both been having a difficult time, but good to hear things are on the up for you now!  I really enjoy blogging and would be happy to add your blog to my list of recommended blogs ... will nip over and get that sorted now ...

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Welcome back, Mary Lou . . . I'm so glad your hubby is feeling well again.  I'm a huge fan of your work, so it will be great to see you posting some of it HERE!!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Mary Lou,
     I wondered where you wandered off to, after you joined TTalk.  I'm sorry your family has had such an ordeal, but I'm delighted your husband is on the mend.  What a relief for you. 
     I have a blog but only get a chance to update about once a week - life is hectic since we moved to the same town as our daughter and grandson.  I love it though - I've always enjoyed writing.  The lovely summer weather is too tempting and the garden is adictive.   I hope to update more frequently in the winter.  I'm off to check out your blog.

hugs,

Brenda

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Hi Mary Lou,

I'm glad your husband is doing better and that you're back.   bear_original

Cape Cod, MA

Thanks for all the Warm wishes folks! Makes me feel all fuzzy!  bear_wub ( I love these little teddy faces!)
I have to go visit my mother for 2 days but when I get back I am going to update my blog with links to all of yours. I blog too much. I spend hours a week reading them! All kinds....political, cooking, art,pop ....anything really. I am a knowledge junkie!
It's good to be back.
Mary Lou

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

HI Mary Lou, I am so relieved to hear that your husband is on the mend, what a worrying time it must have been.  Can't wait to go and read your blog - I've got a blog too and would love to swop links :)

www.bumpkinbears.com/blog

Hugs
Catherine
x

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi Mary Lou,

I'm sorry for all you've been going thru... but SO glad things are looking up!  Your blog looks fantastic!!  I've added your link to my blog... and also to my google reader!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Hi Mary Lou and welcome back  :hug: Wow, it seems like you and your husband have been through the ringer bear_sad  You are so right, illness puts it all into perspective and you can live a more peaceful life sometimes.  I'm so glad that he is almost back to normal and you have more time to spend on your work.  hope you spend more time here, I'm off to see your blog bear_original

Board footer