Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
Tami E wrote:

Laura has already taken it to hasn't she?

Yes.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Tami I'm so glad you are coming!!!!!   :bday:  :bday:  :bday:  :bday:  :bday:   Yep, I took it with you last time... I can't even REMEMBER what she said about noses!!  She had SO much to share... I only remembered a portion of it... that's why I'm taking it again  bear_grin

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

I'm signed up too!
I can't wait!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Amy that is great!!!  Can't wait to see you there  bear_grin

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

It was a great class,  I believe I said right beside you Tammi.  Everyone will loove it.  We won't be taking the class as we won't be flying in until the Friday morning.  But we may pop in just to create some havoc for Michelle  bear_grin  bear_grin

big hugs

Shane

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Jodi ... that badge is soooooooooooooo cool !! Made me laugh , thank you , I needed that today !! Gee maybe I could hook up and ride with you ? When is it ? UMMMMMMMMMM but really don't have the money to put towards it right now, eeeeeeeeeeeee I would really like to though !!! You will have great fun , that was one of my favorite shows !!

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

OK, our app is in!  Hope they still had room   bear_original

Bear Guys, Daphne or anybody else going from Schaumburg to Hunt Valley... seriously, we can probably find room for quite a few bears in our car.  It's a van, it's big.  As long as they fit reasonably well (like we can still sort-of see out the windows), it's OK by us!  I'll just request that everyone have a back-up plan for their bears on the off chance that our car blows up the week before the show or something, and we have to fly, too.   
bear_tongue    bear_grin

Cheers,
Kelly

Jane D. Teddies to Treasure
Midland, Ontario

Sorry to be so dumb folks but where in Illinois is Schaumberg.I cant find it it my atlas.I would loike to come as a buyer to either Schaumberg or Hunt Valley and am trying to see which is closer to me.I would love to meet some TT's and visit booths of the American artists.I already know who Shane and Steve are and they are such fun!!!I have done Canadian shows with them in Waterloo and Toronto!Any info would be helpful.Sincerely Jane D.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Schaumburg is about 20 miles west of downtown Chicago. It's just farther west from O'Hare airport about 6 miles. Very easy to get to via the expressway or the back roads.
As you''re in Ontario, it may be just about the same: one is south west and the other south east.
Ask Steve & Shane!

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Oh, I'm so envious.  I've been dreaming about going to this show (the October one) for years!!!  I'm still trying to convince my hubby - cross your fingers for me!!!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario
Jane D. wrote:

Sorry to be so dumb folks but where in Illinois is Schaumberg.I cant find it it my atlas.I would loike to come as a buyer to either Schaumberg or Hunt Valley and am trying to see which is closer to me.I would love to meet some TT's and visit booths of the American artists.I already know who Shane and Steve are and they are such fun!!!I have done Canadian shows with them in Waterloo and Toronto!Any info would be helpful.Sincerely Jane D.

Well Jane we have never driven to Schaumburg ( unlike Kelly  we really really really hate to drive)  :crackup:  :crackup: .  We always drive to buffalo and fly from there to Chicago as it is sooooo cheap to do that.  IT takes us about two hours to get to the airport  vs about a 10 hour one way drive to Chicago.  I think the last time we flew to Chicago we flew for about 140.00 per person.  We would spend that at least in gas to drive there, and parking was about 35.00 for a the few days we were gone.  Still cheaper than driving, we rented a car and drove from the airport, I think the car cost us about 40.00 for the two days we were there. 

Just my opinion, but I would fly from either Buffalo or Detroit which ever is closer for you.

big hugs

Shane

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL
Lisa wrote:

Oh, I'm so envious.  I've been dreaming about going to this show (the October one) for years!!!  I'm still trying to convince my hubby - cross your fingers for me!!!

I'd just go and buy the tickets...  Tell him you are going to visit a sick aunt...

Seriously, I hope that you will be able to come, you would really enjoy yourself.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Lisa..... Ooooooo.... you've GOT to come!!!! I'm hoping......!!!

suburban Chicago

Yes, PLS PLS PLS!! 

I've made a special arrangement to change a family obligation, after not going to Sch since I retired from the show circuit after Sch Oct 2002.  I live only 10 miles away and just can not get there Spring or Fall.

So - if I've arranged it - for Michelle's class) we're sending A Good Solution to your way too!

We want as many TTers there as possible. It will publicize the group (I intend to print out some small blurbs and hand them out!) and take loads of pix.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Can we make it a bigger TT gathering at Schaumburg than in Vegas???!!!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Whoopee . . . TTers are going to rock this show!!!  Of course there's room for you, Ginger!

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Cool and mildly windy.  Not bad weather.  Compared to our current weather very nice.  I am looking forward to this show.  Now are we going to have a "formal" gathering of TTers?  Like a party Friday or Saturday evening at 7 and invite collectors to come join the fun or will we all just pile in the lobby at 7 and go to dinner somewhere.  Really, we all need to wear TT pins or T shirts.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

The TB&F/Doll Reader reception is Friday, so maybe we should get together on Saturday evening?

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

I think Saturday evening sounds good  bear_thumb I guess I'd better order my TT pin and shirt!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yes, it would have to be Saturday.

Ginger.... bring a jacket! Last October was my first time in Chicago... it's windy! Daytime isn't bad but the evenings are a bit brisk.... in my opinion anyway!

suburban Chicago

And we're as easily had 80°+, which definitely isn't Bear (show) weather as it keeps everyone out on the golf courses, running & exercising, putting the gardens to bed for the year. We like a nice cool misty to slightly drizzly weather for shows here. Makes everyone want to stay indoors with a cozy warm Hug, theirs or ours to add to theirs, but not enough to call Rain, as that might impact travel.
Watch the Weather Channel the week before and keep a few summer outfits out yet. I'll be sure to post it Mon through Wed.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Bobbie... that's the weather prayer we all have for shows no matter where they are!!! bear_original (Of course there's the added "NO SNOW!" prayer in the north as it get closer to winter!)

amul Amul Kumar Photography
Chicago, IL
Website

Can someone point me to the link where I pre-register for the Schaumberg show this year?

Over the spring, Sue Ann mentioned the show to me a few days before it started and I just showed up.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Hi, Amul . . . go to www.abcunlimitedproductions.com and you can get info there.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Jodi: I plan on going to Schaumberg (not selling). I am taking Michelle Lamb's class and another animal sculpting class in the afternoon. I also signed up to go to a reception in the evening. I would love to meet other TTer's there. I think some are in the classes.

Board footer