Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

I just want to say "thank you" to Judi Paul.  Let me explain.  I haven't been around here much over the last few months.  I have been having a very hard time with my bear making.  The spark/enthusiasm/inspiration, whatever you would call it, just hasn't been there, and it has felt more like a job than something I love doing.  About a week ago, I was wandering around my studio tidying up and trying at the same time to get some inspiration.  I came across the bits and pieces from the on line course on needlefelting that I took at EbearzU from Judi Paul, and started fooling around with it.  I had taken the course about a year and a half ago, and then promptly forgotten about it.  WELL - I am sooo happy with the results of my last weeks "fooling" around, and my spark is back - all because of Judi - thank you, thank you so much!!  I am trying to make sure that my bears are different from hers, and while they do look like long lost relatives, I think that my own touch does show through - after all, mine are all girls  bear_original   I hope to start listing the first of them shortly on ebay.  Stay tuned.
THANK YOU JUDI !!!!!!

Jane P.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hooray . . . Jane has her groove back!!!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I empathise with you Jane.  :hug: It has happened to me as well. And you really do feel LOST dont you?
I am anxiously awaiting the preview of the needle felting :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
hugs Wendy

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I'm so glad you are feeling your buzz again Jane.  I missed your bears!!  Doesn't it feel good to have enthusiasm back  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Cool, can't wait to see them!!!  :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Yay, thank goodness your spark is back. Thanks Judi for being such and inspiration and getting Jane back making her wonderful bears. I loose my spark every so often then something will come along and kick me where it's needed and I get going once again. Please share some pictures with us soon Jane, I for one would love to see what you've made.

Hugs Jane. (the other one  bear_tongue

Tina Remem-bear Artist Bears

Hi Jane

It is awful when you lose the spark, congrats you have it back, there will be no stopping you now, lol.

Good luck with the needlefelting, it's fun, isn't it.

Hugs
Tina

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Jane I'm so glad you are back in your groove!!!  It DOES feel awful when you just don't have that "spark"... I'm glad you found it again... and can't wait to see your new creations!

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Sue Ann said:

Hooray . . . Jane has her groove back!!!

Ditto! Can't wait to see pictues!

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

That's great Jane! It's awful feeling not creative, you just don't feel right. I can't wait to see the new guys (girls! :lol:)

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

I wish my scanner was working properly because on my 'to do' list  for this week was "email Jane and see if she's OK - haven't heard from her in a while".
I'm glad you are doing better - it sucks when your 'get up and go" has "got up and went"!

Cheryl bear_flower

Thanks everyone - I'll try and get some pics today.
Also, part of the reason I was loosing my interest in bear making was that I have taken up glass bead making (lampworking), and have been spending a lot of time (and money) trying to make beads that are half decent.  I seem to have a hard time focusing on more than one thing at a time.  You know, can't chew gum and walk at the same time :crackup:  that's me!
Anyway, I am organizing my time a little better now - certain days for bears, and certain days for beads.  We'll see.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Way to go Jane! Of course your bears are just simply to die for anyway! What about a picture!

Hugs Louise

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:dance: Hurrrahhhh!!!!   :dance:  I too know how it is to 'lose it'  but its positively wonderful that you're excited about your bear making again.  It will show through immediately in your little girls  bear_flower

Needle-felted-face-girl.jpgThanks everyone - here is a picture of the first one, a 12" girl (no name yet).  I think I need to take the pics outside as the lighting is much better there, instead of my studio.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Oh she is adorable!! I love everything about her!!!  bear_grin

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I love her! What a cute little face she has and her little dress is adorable.

I'm signing up for Judi's class right now!

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

How Wonderful for you, Jane!! In my 17 years, after every break from bear-making (of my choosing or Life's) I've never found anything waiting there but an entirely new aspect. Whether the brain was percolating away while I was busy with other things, or certain skills 'matured' during the sabbatical, I've heard this from many other bear-makers - you come back better than ever!!
Lovely new little girl! And now you'll be checking out the NFing forum on a regular basis!!!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_shocked  She's positively gorgeous!!!  What an adorable little girl!!!   bear_wub  I just wanna pick her up and give her a good  :hug:

sarahjane Brisbane

Jane she is adorable...I am glad to hear that your 'spark' has come back!!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

AWE JANE!  I cannot even imagine you ever loosing any creative spark.  bear_wub  You work is so beautiful.  I am as flattered as can be that you started a thread just to post what you did.  It reaffirms that I am doing the right thing with my class and bears.....that I have had any kind of effect on someone just humbles and honors me deeply.  Gosh...thank you so ever ever EVER so much. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Right now I am getting ready for IDEX.  Mark, my hubby, and I are DJing the awards party.  We'll also be teaching Ballroom  and line dancing, and may even do a Ballroom demo.  I have been spending all week just going through our music and getting everything burned to cds.  I can' t believe how much time this is taking but we want it to be very successful....and FUN!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Jane, your new bear is just absolutely DARLING!!! That is so great that you are all excited about bear making again! I think we all need to find new directions to go in every so often to keep it fresh and exciting for us and keep our enthusiasm up! Way to go!!!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Jane, glad to hear your spark is back!

Hurray for Judi!   :clap:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a sweet-faced cutie of a bear, Jane . . . she's totally awesome!

Board footer