Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

We woke up yesterday to find that overnight some snow had fallen in SUNNY south Africa. It was very little just enough to cover the tree branches, roofs and cars.

I went down to stairs to  have a look at the bottom of our pool, my feet went their own direction and my back another, so I had a lovely fall. Bashing my left hand and elbow and half of my back.

snow_in_jhb_tt.jpg

This was taken looking into my neighbours yard and in the background you can see a bit.

I have a peep put the windows but nothing today, except for it being bitterly cold. I should be used to bad falls as half my time in Switzerland I was Queen of the fallers.

Lynette

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow Lynette I never think of snow in South Africa. I hope you are ok after your fall, please be more careful you could really hurt yourself. Lovely shot to remind you of the snow.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

lovely photos Lynette, but are you ok after your fall?  Please take care of yourself! bear_flower  :hug:
Catherine
x

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

ouchies on that fall Lynette!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  cool about the snow!!!  I've never even seen it.  I think i would risk a fall to take photos if it snowed here too lol

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Sorry to hear about the fall Lynette-take care of yourself!
I think its so fun that this forum has people from all over the world on it...I can't imagine not seeing snow!
Mind you, I don't think I would trade it for the 40C+ temps some of you are having.... :redface: (me sweating...not embarassed!)

Cheryl bear_flower

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Lynette: I hope you are o.k. Seeing snow this time of year is mind blowing. But the weather is different in other parts of the world. Is this normal for South Aftrica?

bubbles Bearz by Ilze
Canberra

My mum also sent me some pics of the snow you guys had.  Her backyard is a bit more boring than yours <giggle>.  I remember it last snowing in JHB in 1982.

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

My back is turning a nice shade of blue and purple. Of course by evening all snow  had  vanished.
No it is not normal for us to have snow where we live. As Ilze said in 1982 we had some , enough to build a snowman. My kids were small and they enjoyed.
Higher up on the border between Lesotho and Cape we will get snow and sometimes on the Drakernsburg range of mountains. Normally this lasts a few days but is normally to high for us to reach unless you have a 4x4.
Floods in the UK and India makes one wonder about global warming, just hope my dogs and me all go at the same time if as my 91 year old mother keeps saying the end of the world is coming.

Lynette

Board footer