Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

I wanted to create a new thread because as most of you know I had a very bad experience in the last couple days and have avoided getting on here because I felt really sad, but then I posted my thread and the kindness you all have shown me made me realize that this bump in the road, is exactly that.  Your kind words both public and private made me cry, but in a very good way!

I do not want my bad experience, which all of us have had to go thru overshadow the really wonderful events that are happening here on TT,  A beautiful new baby boy has been born, what a miracle that is, just thinking about that really does make my heart soar.

Several of our TT's have won Toby's I know the official complete list is not out yet, so I don't want to leave anyone out, I would just like to say, I am so happy for you. And  those that entered  and those that got nominated you should be so proud of yourselves. What a brave thing, to put yourself out there to be judged, it is a very brave indeed and you should be so proud of your effort, in just that, you are winners. Also I know the awards help keep our bear magazines running, which makes me very happy , because I don't know about you all, but I get giddy when I see I got a new TB&F in the mail.

I know some of you are going thru troubled marriages, illnesses and loss of loved ones, which makes me realize my little blip pales in these sorrows.

So I tried to delete my pity party post but for some reason it won't let me, so lets let this thread be a celebration thread and be thankful for the success that we do have in our lives because as we all know the sorrows will come and lets all hope we will always be lucky to have each other here for support and encouragement.

Big Hugs
Jodi

burlisonbears Burlison Bears
Louisville, Kentucky

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Well said, Jodi!
Many hugs to you!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

-Eliza bear_smile

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

You are a great person Jodi, always remember that! :hug:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

:hug: Sorry Jodi I'm totally oblivious to what you are talking about :redface: . Big hugs to you anyway :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Wendy :hug:

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

So glad you are feeling better :hug:

puca bears puca bears

Jodi - I read your initial mail last night just as I was on my way out for the evening - and I really felt for you! It HURTS to come across the few mean people who try to inhabit our wonderful bear world - a couple of years back I experienced what felt like a physical kick in the stomach when faced with a blatant rip-off of one of my pieces...
We have been and still are going thru' a rough time, when the whole world seems indifferent or against us...but the bears keep me going, even if, at times it's just mindless sewing.........and then nice things happen to bring back a smile. I stayed up into the wee small hours on Sat, determined to bag one of Wendy's Puddles from the BAO show - SUCCESS!!! And then Sat night came the first in a series of wildy enthusiastic mails from an american bear collector, which resulted in an order for five bears
So we CAN'T give up! I feel enormously privileged to be part of the bear world which is full of the most wonderful people
big huggies
Maria

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Valentino-004-180-pix.jpgJodi ,  I didn't get to read yet what was going on ... but I do know about bumps in the road !! HILLS in the road ....MOUNTAINS in the road, when I look at my best friend Sue with breast cancer and what she is going through. Not to mention another friend I found out last night just had breast cancer surgery also. So bumps will come and we pray to GOD that bumps will go. And sometimes we don't know what we are doing ( like me with my divorce) ...or where we will turn ...but I just keep reminding my self that GOD is good , and he loves me ... all of us . And if we just pray, be still and listen for that small soft voice , and let him lead , we as his children will go through the bumps, hills and mountains of our lives. Its not easy, we get down ... WE all do , we are human ... and GOD understands. We just have to keep on keepin on and you know what ? Look at my avatar..... WE GET BY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM OUR FRIENDS !! GOD even knew I would have to see that over and over when I designed it. See it all falls into place in time.So Jodi, hold on , we will ALL be ok !!! Time will heal and set backs will fade.

Your beary friend Jodi Falk

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

So glad your feeling happier today - may all your bumps be small and few in the future!!!  :hug:

Happy 4th July

to you and all our American friends  bear_flower

Hugs Ali x

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

i agree sometimes those "bumps" turn out to be detours that lead us to a much better place! i truly believe some things are meant to be..the bad choices ive made..the bumps i hit ..make me the person i am now ..my dh feels the same way..we wouldnt be together now if we hadnt been thru the stuff before..nor the same people ready to be happy and know what we wanted and what was just bull in the grand scheme of things..the serenity prayer is soo true!!  bear_grin deb

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Glad to hear you're feeling better! Any chance you're making cosmopolitans and inviting friends this time? bear_grin

Cheryl bear_flower

I won't go into the whole long reason I was upset, long story short , the person who won the "Movie Bear" ended up having fake contact info, they must have used someone elses personal info without that person knowledge to set up an ebay account, I turned everything over to ebay to investigate, I have been the target of some very mean women (they have tried 2 times to bid on my auctions so to do damage to my business) and I am believeing it may be connected. 

The one bright spot in all of this, it made me realize I lashed out at someone that was not involved in the bidding scam and we have stopped hating each other and are able to talk to each other in a kind way.  Which is just so much better.

Ebay has put a restriction on this persons account until they are able to finish the investigation, I never thought I would be happy if I found out this was only just a non paying bidder.  My question is, why wouldn't they remove this person from ebay because he clearly took someone else's personal ID? hmmmmm I can not figure ebay out on why they do things bear_wacko

Susan your offer is beyond generous, I have decided I am going to offer the 2nd higest bidder the bear at the amount at which this fake bidder got involved, which is 300, I did not think it was fair to make her pay the higher amount because someone was trying to hurt me, so my husband and I will kick in money to boot it up to at least 500 so the kids will be able to finish this movie.

I just realized after I got so many caring PM's and public comments that there are far more wonderful people in the teddy bear world then mean ones.  And this problem paled to some of the bigger events that are happening here on TT.

:hug:
Jodi

Have a GREAT 4th!

4th4.jpg

cherylbruinwerks wrote:

Glad to hear you're feeling better! Any chance you're making cosmopolitans and inviting friends this time? bear_grin

Cheryl bear_flower

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  Yes we are!!!!!!

Update: the guy is no longer a registered user, I am now waiting to see if there is a connection to these other women, if there is, I know this is going to sound really mean  But I hope if they do, ebay will ban them from the site so they can never do this to someone else.

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

lots of hugs to you, soooooooooooo glad that your feeling better. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Its great you are feeling better Jodi  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Pauline

Tina Remem-bear Artist Bears

Jodi

Sending

BIG HUGS

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Tina xxx

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Aww Jodi, I didn't know about this until now (and I have been meaning to write you all week too bear_sad )  I know its late but I'm so sorry, ughh....What a huge dissapointment especiallly becuase it was not only you involved.  Your post up the top makes so much sense, I am so glad you are over the anger and thinking of the positives and trying to move on...hugest warm squeezy friendship hugs  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Thanks everyone, I really have realized it is only about money and in this life there could be so much worse happening.

I am going to Memphis tenn, for the weekend (where Elvis lived for those out of the US) it is really hot and sticky there, I love that part of the country, but hate the heat, but I am looking forward to the visit, I am going to show my sister in law the thread and the Bear Hugs for Hope campaign we are doing, I haven't yet shared it with her , I wanted to do it in person, she has lost all of her hair and I hope this will cheer her some.  To know that people from all around the world are wanting to fight the disease that is hurting so many women, she will learn what I have learned, that there are some pretty wonderful, giving, talented artists out there!

Big Hugs
Have a great weekend.
Jodi

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

You're soo cute Jodi!!

But hey, post anything you want here! It's never offensive or anything.
Freedom of expression is a wonderful thing!!

Glad you're feeling better though........tt can be a great place

Strike A Paw Posts: 535

Jodi, I'm so sorry to hear about the bear's adoption!!  Some people just ruin it for others.  Anyways, you'll have no problem finding a home for that sweety!!!

Hugs,

Julie

Board footer