Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I've just finished posting my TOBY experience with a few pictures on my blog if you'd care to wander over for a visit.  It's actually posted in two parts beginning July 3rd.

If I may take a moment, I'd strongly encourage everyone to submit their work for consideration.  Just to be nominated was enough for me after two previous submission attempts.  To win, not just my category, but to win Best of Show (!!!).....well, it's really hard to put into words how I feel.  I wish all of you could experience this feeling.  I truly and deeply do.  A big, heartfelt thank you to everyone who voted.....whether you voted for me or not.  To me, a vote is vote for our industry. 

And if I may be so bold......if you are nominated.....please make every attempt to get to the awards!!!!  Nominees are announced months in advance.  It's so important to attend these events!!!  (Stepping off my soap box now.)

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I tried to leave a message on your blog, but don't think I was successful. Just want to say a big congratulations. I love your work; you are so creative. You must be walking on air...and what a great guy you have, too. I bet having your family share the event with you made it all the more special.

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Oh Aleta, this is just so special for you.  I read your blog, and to have been able to share this night with your family there as well - you can't get better than that.  What a wonderful recognition for your beautiful work, and you must be so very proud of yourself.  Many, many congratulations to you.  Your work is superb.

sarahjane Brisbane

Aleta what a truly wonderful experience for you, How you must have enjoyed being able to experience sharing this fantastic time with family and friends!! Congratulations to you, Your bears is fantastic and deserves every accolade  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

Well done Aleta and definately deserved!!!  And be bold!

Your bears are just gorgeous!

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Congratulations Aleta :clap:  :clap:  Your blog review is wonderful, your family lovely and your wins so well deserved.  Your constant warmth and creative positivity is so appreciated!!  Thank you for sharing it all  bear_flower

:hug:
~Chrissi

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

That's fantastic Aleta - and how wonderful that your family was able to be there too.

Kidsandteddy The kids and teddy too
Lincoln Ca.

Aleta,
A GREAT BIG CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND !!!!! I am so glad that you won this great award you deserve it. I know for myself that I was so honored to be chosen as a nominee for this award.  :clap:   :hug:

Hugs
Bonnie

ScottBear scott's bears

Well we have had a great time getting to know you aleta..For the last two years you have made it to our partys in Navada city showed up in san jose and now LV for a lil pat on the back and all I can say is WE JUST DONT SEE YOU ENOUGH !!!...congrats again and I look forward to seeing new work from you over the year..

Bear Hugs

Scott "MAC"kenzie

rosebearcottage Rose Bear Cottage
Lake Gregory, California

Your creation well deserve such an honor.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Aleta,
    CONGRATULATIONS!   It couldn't have happened to a more well deserving artist and I'm thrilled for you.  Well done, my friend. :hug:

hugs,

Brenda

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Way to go, girl!!  That is sooooo fantastic, Aleta, and you deserved the honors!  I am thrilled for you!

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

g035.gif
We're not worthy!  We're not worthy!

But you certainly are...Congratulations!

Cheryl bear_flower

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Aleta Best of show WoooooHoooooo it could not happen to a more wonderful artists!!!!!!
I am sooooooo happy for you! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
:hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh Aleta!!!!  I've been away from my computer for a day and I was sooo excited and happy for you when I heard you won best of show too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CONGATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Keep partying okay  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

chainofdaisies Palmerston North, NZ

i read your blog entries...congrats on your awards  bear_grin

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

I enjoyed reading your Blog Aleta.  You must still be on Cloud 9.  Congrats to you and everyone who was nominated and entered.

People who enter should be congratulated too.  It's really tough picking out the right photos, getting all the paperwork together and getting it to the magazine's offices on time.  So a big pat on the back to everyone!!!

Hugs and Congrats again Aleta and all the TOBY winners!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Aleta what a fairtytale like story on your blog.  What a fantastic time if must have been for you, and so extra special to have your family there to share the joy.   I am so thrilled for you !  Your work is incredible .   :clap:

Portland, Oregon
Website

Thank you all so very much for your kind thoughts.  I'm sorry I've been MIA since my post.  My nephew is in ICU in Alaska with a head injury, my sister is visiting from Alaska and my mom is visiting as well.  Needless to say, I have a lot on my plate right now.

Aleta

Dilu Posts: 8,574

congrats Aleta, simply tickled pink for you, and so are the gollies, which is difficult since they are flat black fabric, but you get the idea.

2 gollythumbs up on everyone one of them...Savor the moment hon, and remember the feeling so you can re-enjoy it the rest of your life.

You look so incredably happy in the picture Mindy or Shelli took, ( brain fade)  Just looking at your joy made all of us here happy for you.

hugs
di

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Dear sweet Aleta, I just read your blog and I am over the moon for you, so very very deserved, this must have been the most incredible evening and I'm so glad you had all your family around you - WELLLLL DONE  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Catherine
xx

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Aleta !! How wonderful !! And a wonderful blessing to have a husband like yours !! I would trade that for an award any day, and to have your family there ... well oh my lucky , lucky you , let alone 2 awards !! What a great evening for you, I am sure one that you will never forget. Your bear was truly wonderful and deserved all the attention I must say. I am so very happy for you... and proud of you. Thanks for sharing with us your joy.

Portland, Oregon
Website

Thank you all for peeking in and leaving me personal messages and notes on my blog.  It means the world to me.  I'm trying very hard to get to everyone personally.  If I've missed you, please accept my apologies.  I've been a bit overwhelmed since returning home to guests and a family emergency.  Life is all about balance.  Winning the TOBY's seems but a lovely dream.....one I treasure and hold dear to my heart. 

Aleta

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

love your goofball pic
hugs
cat xxxx

Portland, Oregon
Website

I removed the photo and the sentiment thinking someone might take it the wrong way.

Hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Board footer