Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance:  :dance:  :dance: Huzza

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:

I thought it would never HAPPEN, but my Sweet Caroline is expecting a baby in February!

My baby is having a baby, and happy as I am about having a grandchild, I'm more concerned about my little girl.

Is this normal?

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Oh, Eileen, that is SO exciting!!! and yes, I am sure that it is very normal to be concerned for your daughter. You will have to keep us posted.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Congratulations. What terrific news.  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Eileen,
     Your daughter will always be your "baby", but trust me, once that wee darling gets here, you'll be side-stepping your daughter to get to that baby LOL!  It's normal to feel your motherly concern kick in, but with all the ultra-sounds etc, she will be well monitored. 

A  huge CONGRATULATIONS - I still remember how we felt when we found out we were going to be grandparents!

hugs,

Brenda

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Such wonderful news.  It must be so special to see your child grow and then have a child themselves.  I still have quite a few years to wait yet.  I bet you are so excited.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Congratulations Eileen! How exciting! I'd love to be a granny!!!  I'm sure it's perfectly normal to be worried about your little girl, because even when she's a mummy herself, she'll still be your little girl!

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

Congratulation! :hug:
I did worry about Adele when she was having the twins, but that is nothing new as I worry about everything!
hugs Kerren

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  Thanks, Everybody--you're wonderful! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I'm sure you're right, Brenda. It'll be "Are you OK, Caroline my darlin'? Yes? Fine--just hand over the baby!"

My first and (so far) only piece of maternal advice was, "If they offer you drugs, TAKE THEM!" She'd already figured that one out!

What a great feeling . . . anyone have tips on making the world's most amazing childsafe bear?

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Congratulations, a new baby in the family is wonderful. Please share lots of picture when your new grandchils srrives. don't worry about your daughter, she is doing a wonderful and very natural thing, she'll be just fine.

Hugs Jane. bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

CONGRATULATIONS Eilleen!!! :dance: I have heard though I dont know this personally... that your children remain your babies no mater what age they are. :hug:

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Congratulations Eileen- the time will just fly by and the new baby will be here before you know it. I now have 3 grandchildren and every one is precious and different and GIRLS!!!!
Hugs
Gail

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Happiest congratulations!!! :bday:  :bday: I'm thrilled for you!!  (And more than a little jealous too!!) 

Warmest and biggest baby bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Congratulations Eileen !!!  bear_wub  bear_wub

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Congratulations Eileen ! ! !   It's so exciting.

I too am awaiting my first grandchild.  My Tracy is due on Christmas day.  I'm right there with ya'.  When is your Caroline due?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That's terrific, Eileen . . . congrats!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Late February--right around the Dad's birthday on the 28th and the Mom's on the 15th! Another Aquarius, I guess!

I think I'm suffering sympathetic pregnancy symptoms.

Yes your babies are forever your babies--even when I look at my almost-30 daughter, I see her as infant, toddler, little girl, teenager, the whole thing. Drives her crazy.

Hang in there, Aleta--I'd just about given up.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Eileen, I'm so happy for you!!!  Hugest Congratulations!!!  What happy news  :hug:  :hug:  Little baby that you can dote over...and then give back  bear_happy they are the best!!  So much fun bear_original

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Thanks, Sarah--so true! I'll be doing a fair amount of babysitting, I hope, to help keep the new Mom and Dad sane, but there's no question I'll be ready to hand the little angel back sooner or later!!

bear_original Patti--you've got two months more experience than I have at this potential grandmothering. I'm sure I'm suffering from bloat and morning sickness!

Board footer