Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Ok, so the old hubster and I are having one heck of a time deciding on a baby name for our baby.

We know it's a girl, or so we've been told!

I thought maybe you'd like to share your favorite girl name.

Mine is Sage. I might be able to convince hubby for that name but for now I should get other ideas and it's soo overwhelming to look through thousands upon thousands of baby names.

Thanks! I'm real curious to read the replies!
:hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

When I was younger and envisioning my life with 2 children and 2 dogs and white picket fence.... my daughter's name was either going to be Amanda or Emma. Now, mind you that was almost 20 years ago... before either name was even popular!!! They are both family names.

If I had to chose a name today I'd still go with Emma. Emma Grace.

You asked.  bear_original

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

My girls names were:
*Saffron Ariel
(Ariel is a hebrew name meaning the "Lion of God" which I thought was very cool, unfortunately everyone now thinks "Disney's The little mermaid!)
*Bronwyn Camelia

My son's name is Wyatt Robert Gerhardt (named after his grandpas)
I think Sage is a lovely name! It depends on how well it goes with her last name and I really recommend saying it out loud!
Cheryl bear_flower

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

My daughters name is Lucie....Lucie Jennifer...my grandmas name and my name. My grand-daughters names are Elizabeth and Rosie...I like both names but I would have picked Elizabeth myself...though Lucie is still my favourite name. I am a bit old fashioned i suspect!!

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Now...I've already used Peace and Hope and my granddaughter is Asha.
A good thing to try is to imagine a time about 5,6 years from now and your daughter is misbehaving. What does it sound like when you yell her name out.

My granddaughter is named Asha Eva (Eva after my mother). My son thought maybe they'd name her Eva Asha but then he thought about yelling Eva - get over here right now and realized he just couldn't do that :)

Marion

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Heather,

I am like Jenny - I love the old fashioned names.  Our daughter is Sarah Elizabeth, but I also loved Emma,  Rebecca and Rachel.  Hubby only liked Sarah, so that won. 

Since our last name "Power" is Irish in origin, I also liked a few of the tradional Irish names with their Gaelic spelling like Siobhan, Catraoine (Kate), Saraid (Sarah) but hubby nixed those as well LOL! 

Before our daughter new she was carrying a boy, they were into girls names that could be shortened to nicknames like Charlotte (Charlie), Mackenzie (Mac) Alison (Ali) - they aren't my cup of tea, but seem to be popular in this area. 

Good luck finding a name you both agree on!  I really do like Sage, though.  I'd keep pushing for that. 

hugs,

Brenda

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

It took some getting used to but I absolutely love the name my daughter Lindsay named her little girl. Her name is Caidence.
Sonya

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Sage is a lovely name.  It's earthy and grounded.   bear_original

I like Olivia and Lily.  They're really girly names.  You might have guessed I'd go in that direction.   bear_happy

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, Rebecca... that was another of my favorites!

I too have to try out the effectiveness of a name when said with sterness and authority!

I like Sage! What would her middle name be?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

My daughters' names are Sheralyn and Pamela.  I also like Bethany, Taylor, and Willow.

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Caroline for me...........  Caroline or Clare.  After having 3 boys, I've given up on ever getting to use either.............

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

wow, some good names ladies.

And I like that some of you like the name Sage. Problem is hubster doesn't like the sound of it with his last name
Klokocka
But really, who can match that?? And who wants a 1st name you have to spell if you always have to spell your last name??

This is tough!! But I've written down some of your ideas.

Daphne, NO IDEA what the middle name would be. if I win with Sage Tony can pick the middle name ( poor kid! LOL)

Strike A Paw Posts: 535

Sage is a beautiful name Heather!!

My favourite name is SINDY with and "S".  When she gets to be in her late teens, she'll love the nickname SIN - well I would anyways!!

If I were you I would have boys names on hand also, as I have heard so many stories of "We were told it was a ..... but...."

Hugs,

Julie

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I watched a soap opera and there was a girl named "Cassie" on it.
I'm sure you all remember her on "One life to live". Anywho..... I loved that name.  bear_flower 
I wanted it a bit more formal and named her Cassandra Marie, and we call her "Cassie" for short.
The Marie came from my grandmother's middle and my middle name.
Good luck name hunting!

Donna A Brandon Bears
Fort Worth Texas

Many years ago if my SON born late November had been a girl his name would have been  Noel Danae. 
or Danae Noel.   His first girlfriend ( first grade !) was named Deri which I though was cute.
Sage is a beautiful name.
Donna A.

sarahjane Brisbane

I have three girls...Delyse, Tonaya and Talita.....I still love these names...Sage is a beautiful name though I can see why you like it.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Both my daughters carry a grandmothers name for a middle name, they each have two middle names,
Kamiah is named for the small town where my husband proposed her middle name is Evalyn for my paternal grandmother, and Marie after my middle name.
Codie is for Buffalo bill cody or Cody Wyoming where we spent alot of time when I was pregnant with her, Middle name , Charlotte ( for my Mothers middle name, Olivia for hubbys mother.)

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

My daughters name is Lauren Camille and my son is Reid Gabriel.

I like the name Violet. Boy names are tough!

kallie214 Friends "Fur" Life Bears
Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

Ohhh how fun! I do have to say I love the name Sage

I named my daughter Kennedy Corina just to be different (Corina was after my Grandma). Growing up with a name like Kim (VERY common) I wanted her to have something unique.

I also like the "old fashion" names.....Emma, Olivia, Abigail, Amelia, Constance

Oh Sonya...I LOVE your Granddaughter's name!

It will be fun to follow this thread and see what you end up naming your daughter! Are you finding that hubby shoots down every name you like, yet never offers up one of his own *grin* Thats the problem we had!

Bear hugs,

Kim

Shelley Kooterboocubs
Brighton

I named my baby girl Kortni Nicole. My husband and I both liked the name Kortni. I liked to spell it this way instead of the orignal way. I thought spelled this way it looks real cute bear_wub

bearlykidzbears Bearly Kidz Bears
Lodi, Ca.

I picked out my daughters name when I was preg. with my son it took another 7 years before I got to meet her shes named Alissa Marie and my son is Joshua Neil I wanted to name him Shamas but our last name is shannon. LOL

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
Strike A Paw wrote:

...she'll love the nickname SIN - well I would anyways!!

Interesting.

psichick78 wrote:

And who wants a 1st name you have to spell if you always have to spell your last name??

My maiden name, my last name from my first marriage and my last name now have ALL had to be spelled out, never mind my first name! And no one can ever pronounce them right. I keep saying I'm going to change my name to Sue Smith.
bear_wacko
Heather, Sage can be spelled Sayge or Saj or Saige. Actaully, I like the last spelling. bear_original

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I like Sage, and Daphne has some nice alternate spellings too.  Have you looked up earthy names, fairy names.....you get heaps of good ideas.  I like Holly, Lilly, Meeka, Mia...oh so many!! here is a good link with lots of suggestions for earthy pretty names, I was only looking for boys names the other day but most of these are girls  http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 630AATN1rk

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I love the name Sage  bear_wub   And I love the simple spelling of it....you're right, she'll be too busy spelling her last name later on, might as well give her an easy one to start with.   I remember struggling learning to spell 'Deborah' as a 6 year old, wishing my parents had named me something shorter like Jess  :crackup:

As for a middle name, Lynn or Lee are easy middle names.

Oooh, and I'd have a backup boy's name to have on hand as well.  Ya never know  bear_rolleyes

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio
Daphne wrote:

My maiden name, my last name from my first marriage and my last name now have ALL had to be spelled out, never mind my first name! And no one can ever pronounce them right. I keep saying I'm going to change my name to Sue Smith.

Susan Smith was my mothers name.  bear_laugh (I don't mean to sound like she is not still around--she just doesn't have my dad's last name anymore.)

I was glad to get a last name that didn't sound like an alias!

Heather, I think Sage is a beautiful name. I hope you can convince Dear Hubby!

Board footer