Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

StarHawk2003 VallierBears
Shropshire

Hello everyone.

I am asking for a little help regarding my brothers partners bear. It has no take as it has been cut out, It is a Gund bear and it was a special addition. He apparently got it between 1982 - 1984. It has leather or Mock leather trapunto feet and paws and also came with a story book explaining his life and his travels.

I will attach a picture of him maybe someone will know what his name is so we can track down a little more information for him.

Thank you very much,

Richy~

Bear.JPG

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

If he is a GUND then email them with a pic for identification. Just a thought.
Wendy bear_thumb

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

His name is Abiner Smoothie, and was from a book called "The Last Elegant Bear: The Life and Times of Abiner Smoothie" by Dennis Kyte, written in 1983.  I remember seeing these bears for sale in 1984 or so, made by Gund.  I know they came in several different sizes.

I hope this helps!
Lynne

staticbear76 Posts: 222

sure an awesome bear the first i ever saw a gund bear like him i have an old gund bunny that i managed to hide from thieves by sheer good luck when we moved long ago she is tan and white no toes but white soles of her feet it says gund but no date im still trying to get a camera to send the pictures to everyone ar to as many as i can, that bear is cute i see the resemblance in the eye style to my bunnyit is an honor to meet you too.

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

What a beautiful harp he's sitting on.

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA
Swan Valley Bears wrote:

What a beautiful harp he's sitting on.

Ah Patty!  I thought the bear was cute but I was thinking the exact same thing about the Harp!!!

Board footer