Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

I've taken some pictures of the doll I'm working on for my blog. Take a peek if you'd like.

http://www.insidemystudio.blogspot.com/

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Very cool! She is wonderful so far.. what alot of work.
I love the pics of your new work area.. it looks very cozy. I can never keep my studio clean.. but I have way too much stuff.. heehee.
Bear Hugs!
Melanie

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

She is INCREDIBLE!!!  I asked this question when I commented in your Blog but had you ever sculpted before?Anyway, I was totally blown away.  What a talented individual you are Tami!

Susanna Oroyan has done some wonderful books including the one you mentioned.  My favorite book of hers though is "Dolls of the Art Deco Era 1910-1940: Collect, Restore, Create and Play."  It focuses more on cloth dolls and has some wonderful photography as well as some guidance/direction on making your own.

Can't wait to see your finished "creation!"

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yikes, Tami . . . you are overloaded with talent, girlie!  Throw a little my way, would you?  I love seeing the sequence of steps and look forward to pics of the final product.   bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Milford Ohio

Thanks Lisa and Sue Ann!

Lisa, I took a sculpting class in 2003 and loved it. I haven't practived my sculpting nearly as much as I would like though--just busy with life. You can see pretty much my whole body of doll making work if you click on the Doll Gallery on my website. I guess you are a doll artist too! Congratulations on being published in Art Doll Quarterly!

Sue Ann, you are multi-talented as well! I haven't forgotten those beautiful paintings you posted on my "What Else Do You Do?" thread!!

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Thats brilliant work Tami, they will look so good together.  You are very clever

Pauline

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I am continually amazed and in awe at the talent on this board and yours in truly one of them that inspires.  Your work is divine, Tami...just beautiful!!!

bear_flower

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

TALK ABOUT CLEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and  I'm GREEN  with envy over your wonderful work space :dance:  :dance:

Milford Ohio

Thank you, Pauline, Shantell and Wendy!  :hug: It's nice to come to Teddy Talk and be cheered on, especially now when I am not feeling very clever at all.

Sculpting hands is one of the hardest parts for me, but I spend a large part of this afternoon sculpting one hand for my doll only to burn it up in the oven!! GRRRRRR! bear_sad  (I had it set too high from dinner) There is no saving it--it looks like it belongs on a Goth doll as the fingernails are black!

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Wow, I am really impressed. Such a sweet face. I tried sculpting and it's tough. It was fun but you can go on for hours and never been finished. It's going to be a lovely piece.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Tami,
     Your doll is looking wonderful!  Sculpting is much more intensive than bear making.  I've had a wee fairy on the go since Xmas, and I'm constantly fighting with myself to finish it, and then I think "nah, I'd rather make a bear".  Maybe watching you complete your doll is what I need to inspire me. 
     Have you taken your scultpting class with Hildegard Gunzel yet?  That I WOULD like to do!  Looking forward to seeing your doll finished.

hugs,

Brenda

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi Tami, your doll is wonderful, you are so talented! You go girl!  bear_grin

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

WOW !!! How exciting !! Your doll and new bear are GREAT!! And I am not surprised !!! GREAT JOB !!!

Milford Ohio

Thank you Jennifer! You sculpt all the time, you know. Needle felting IS sculpting. I learned them both (polymer clay sculpting and needle felting) at around the same time and I felt like someone had shown me how to do real magic!!! It is fun.

Thanks, Brenda. I have a couple projects like your fairy--doll heads without bodies. They are large heads and I keep saying I want to work large like my favorite artists Hildegard Gunzel and Rotraut Schrott, but then I think, it would take me allyear to finish a doll that size. I hope you are inspired to finish--I bet she will be lovley!

My class with Hildegard Gunzel is just one week away! :hug: http://www.saudervillage.org/Creativity/DS_Teddy.asp  Here is a link with information, Brenda. Maybe there is still room.

Thank you, Jodi and Tami :hug:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

OOOOOO!  I can't wait to see her when she's all done Tami!  Rotraut Schrott is one of my favorite "big doll" sculptors as well.  Her proportions are just fabulous... that was one of the hardest things for me when I was working with polymer clay.

Your little girl is fabulous!

Kim Basta

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Wow Tami
She looks fabulous.
CanĀ“t wait to see her finished.
You are so very talented.
:clap:  :clap:

Irene Irenours-bears
France

You are really an artist Tamie. Hugs

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

What talent you have Tami....I love your bears.....look forward to seeing the felted bear and doll together... bear_thumb

Hugs Yvonne  bear_flower

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Tami that is wonderful work I look forward to seeing her finished, I ditto everyone else you have some talent Tami :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Board footer