Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Strike A Paw Posts: 535

Lenard.jpgHello Everyone,

Well, I broke down and bought a needlefelting kit.  It took me 3 days to make this fella.  This is Lenard and his teddy mouse Snooky.  What do you think for my first try? 

Any words of wisdom on needlefelting?

Hugs,

Julie

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

WOW !!!! I am impressed !!! I hope my first one is as good !!!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

That is really really good!  Well done!!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Wow!! Julie!! You have a natural born talent!!!!!

Great work!
Danni

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

He's awesome!  Great job - I can't believe that was your first try!!!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

OH MY , Julie that is incredible !!!!  I think you have a natural talent for felting.  You must be thrilled to bits with the outcome.  Sheesh, I can't wait to see what you make next if your first attempt is this amazing.  Way to go !   :clap:

WOW... thanks everyone!!  I believe I'm hooked!!!  I only pricked my finger about 1/2 a dozen times and broke one needle.  Now my daughter wants me to make her a frog. 

If I knew this was this much fun... I would have started sooner.

Hugs,

Julie

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Wow, I am impressed. Great job on your first needle felting adventure!!! I love how his feet match the Snooky's nose.
:clap:
Aeri

Jane D. Teddies to Treasure
Midland, Ontario

Great job Julie-Now you can make a calendar of all your own creations-or will you be giving up photography? bear_grin That is amazing work! :clap: Sincerely Jane D.

Thanks Aeri and Jane!

I have no plan on giving up on my photography!  Needlefelting will be my other craft away from my photography.  I can needlefelt in front  of the TV where I cannot take photos with a TV around - way too distracting!!   :crackup:

Hugs,

Julie

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Very  Awesome...but it should be in Needle Felting I believe...cause it's that good:)

Hugs &

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Wow Julie! You have done a terrific job!! I can't wait to see the frog.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Very cute, I think you did a wonderful job! I want to try one sometime!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Well done!!!
Wendy

Thank you all!!  I am thrilled that you think my creation is good!  I hope to get better and better at it!  I was proud to be apart of TT for my photos of the bears, but I now feel like I really belong.  Thanks everyone.  So I guess now I'll have to be know as the teddy bear photographer that also dabbles into the needlefelting from time to time.

Big Hugs,

Julie

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

Hes great I love him

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

So cute, Julie! You did a fantastic job! Yes, I can see you're going to be hooked from now on!

svgartistbears Posts: 62

Well Julie I just thin theyre magnificent for your first effort too, Needlefelting is a bit of an addiction isnt it, and dont those needles hurt like hell when they jab you? Ouch!! (thats not what i really said by the way)!!!
I just discovered neddlefelting too , its potential for fibre design is just out there isnt it? Congratulations Julie, and we really look forward your next  wonderful projects I think Leonard the lion has the most expressive face.
:hug:  bear_thumb

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Julie, I never thought that you didn't belong, to have a resident bear artist photographer is fantastic. :hug: I am sure most of us newbies aspire to have our bears on your cards.
I have only had a brief go at needlefelting and my first atempt was a bit amateurish, yours on the other hand look very professional, certainly as good if not better than most that I have seen bear_wub

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Very cute, I must say! Keep up with the good work. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Hugs Jane.   bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

wow that fantastic   bear_shocked  bear_wub

I would love to have a go ............ just need some more time!!!!

Hugs Ali x

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

WOW Julie - you have done a fantastic job.  Are you sure you haven't been holding out on us - are you a closet needlefelter????????? :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great work, Julie . . . especially for your first time!  I don't needlefelt, so I am in awe of people who do!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

The response and comments from all of you are very encouraging!  Thank you to everyone who stopped by to have a look at my first needlefelt creation.  My daughter has her heart set on a frog next, so I guess I should try my luck at a green fella!

I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada - where is a good place to purchase wool?

Big Hugs,

Julie

Margaret Always Bearing In Mind
High Wycombe, Bucks.
Website

Wow!  That's wonderful - really 1st time?  I've got all the stuff and book but haven't had a go, but can't imagine coming up with anything like that  - weird shapeless lump with blood on it's paws is what I envisage!! Well done you anyway - shall look out for more creations.
                             Margaret :  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Board footer