Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Hi everyone!

I'm wonering where everyone who has used fairy/butterfly wings finds them?
I have found some in our local $ store that will work for mid to larger sized bears (12" - 24") but where can you find a steady supply of them rather that hoping they'll appear in the seasonal sections next year?
What about smaller sized wings for say an 8" bear?

Does anyone make thier own wings? 

Oh yes and I can't forget about feather wings for angels, what about finding those outside of Christmas?

Thanks for your help and advice in advance.

Hugs!

AndreaM bear_original

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Hello, why don't you try ebay - here are a few names:

anndesign59
whalliday123
fairyalitybylinny

Hope this helps

Hugs Ali x

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Thanks Ali!

I'll give those a try!

Cheers!

AndreaM bear_original

Kelly Blondheart
Colorado Springs, Colorado

I made some tiny fairy bears about 12-15 years ago, and I made the wings with stained glass butterfly wings copied onto transparencies and then colored them by hand.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Hi Andrea,

Long time no see...  bear_grin

I asked a similiar question some time ago and a great conversation came out of it.  I'm posting a link for you if you'd like to take a peek some time.  It's rather long but there are some wonderful links within the thread and ideas on making your own and if I remember correctly where to buy them as well.

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=3837

Please don't let this stop anyone from posting additional information.  I just have this particular thread saved for my own reference and go to it myself because I found it informational so I wanted to share it.

Grab your favorite drink, sit back and enjoy...

Shantell

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Thnaks Shantell,
I will have a bit of time to look through it later this evening,  I did manage to find a good stash yesterday at the $ store again so I stocked up on what I could.
I had a feeling that there was a thread kicking around about wings I vaguely remember it.........I'm glad you posted it thought it will save me hours of frustration looking for it!
I have been away for a while, I just finished a 2 year University course (distance) for my registered Tearchers status withe the Royal Academy of Dance.......now I just have to wait for results!

Hugs,

AndreaM bear_original

Jane D. Teddies to Treasure
Midland, Ontario

Make sure Andrea that you let us know how you made out.I'm sure you have done a superb job with your course! :dance:  :dance: Waiting is extremely difficult though and I sympathize with you!Sincerely Jane D.

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Thanks Jane,

I won't know untill November so hopefully it will be a good birthday present!  At least now that it's complete (mostly) I'll have a bit more time to work on my bears!

Kelly, that sounds like an interesting method, I'm sure they looked fantastic!

Hugs,
AndreaM bear_original

Board footer