Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

We have had several posts showing off our other talents.  What do you guys think of having a swap( not bear related) to show off our other talents?  I would be happy to organize this.  I was thinking September 10th sign up dead line and Dec 10th completion deadline.  I would need your name, email, and if you mind shipping internationally.  I will have partners paired by the 12th of september.  They will be posted up here.  No theme.  Have fun!  let me know via this post or email.

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Hmmmmm.  This certainly sounds interesting.  I'd swap a soldered art charm/ornament or two.  Oh wait, not teddy bear related?  Just a sec....I can do non-teddy related art charms or ornaments in exchange for something else!!  Let's see.....I could print up some of my photographs as note cards too.  I was told lately that my photographs are drool worthy.  That's kind of cool isn't it?   ;)

So, this would be kind of a surprise thing?  You get what you get?  Hey, I'm open to some holdiay fun!!  I'm in!!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

It is ment to show off other talents but if you can do what you would like.  Hopefully everyone will post pictures whan the swap is complete. :dance:

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

I'd love to but the only other tallent I have is dancing, and I don't think I can fir that in an envelope :crackup:

I some times do beadwork and jewelry making, I guess that counts as another tallent!

It sounds like it might be fun!

Keep me posted.

AndreaM bear_original

This could be interesting so lets see how many people we can involve.

K Pawz Guest

Sounds like fun Jenn, count me in!

Hugs,
Krista

Ooooh! This is going to be fun!  Dont forget your email.  So far we have Krista,  Aleta, Andrea M. and me.

Portland, Oregon
Website

Four people out of 1165 users??  How sad is that?  bear_sad 

Guilt, guilt, GUILT!!!! 

You ole party poopers!!!   bear_shocked  bear_shocked That's right.  I said party poopers!!  I've seen more excitement in Blogland about a cupcake swap for pitties sake.    bear_sad

Disappointed bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

P.S.  Perhaps you should put a dollar limit on the swap?  I'd swap for cookies for criminy sake!!

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Cookies?  Did someone say cookies???  Now you've caught my attention!!! bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

It is show season, or almost..... I know there are a lot of us who are very busy bees at the moment and will be straight through October... the thought of indulging myself in a hobby seems very tempting but then I'd never get back on track with bears! So....... next time I'd love to participate!!!

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Why don't we do it so we can mail it out like two weeks before Christmas?  Then most of us will be able to join in.  But like Daphne pointed out, I have a show November 4th and I think we all are just busy!!!

But I'd love to join in!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Timing is just not good for me either as I have 3 trips all planned for within that time period and will be away at the end of October when it ends as well, so will not be able to take part in this one.  I think it sounds like a neat idea, and should be a lot of fun,  but I do think a price range would be wise to give people some idea of what to make - ie crochet a doily? or a whole table cloth?  bear_grin

Would you like to do a Christmasa swap?  That would estend the deadline and we could add a recipe with it.

Jane D. Teddies to Treasure
Midland, Ontario

Hello everyone-I could do a swap-sounds like fun- if the closing date were a little later.I have a show in Kitchener-Waterloo on the Canadian Thanksgiving week-end and am busy for now.Sincerely Jane D. I am going to meet merBear there as she is going to visit. :dance:

K Pawz Guest

Sounds like a plan Jenn.

Hugs,
Krista

I will have partners drawn by the 12th as planned.  Hubby will do that!

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

That sounds much better Jenn!  I'll do it!!!

Strike A Paw Posts: 535

I would love to take part in this SWAP!!  Please count me in.  bear_thumb

Hugs,

Julie

Portland, Oregon
Website

Now that's the spirit!!!  YAY!!  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

pma2003 Seamore Collectibles
CT

I've signed up also.

Yipee bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

clare14 Country Bears
England

I will too!!  I'll be doing prim christmas so if anyone would 'rather not' swap with me, please say, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea!!   bear_ermm    bear_original

Here is an up dated list. 
Aleta  The Silly Bear
Krista  K Paws
Penny  Seamore collectables
Lisa  Twin Cubs
Andrea M.  Dreas Bears
Julie  Strike a Paw
Jane D
Claire
Jenn     Did I miss anyone?

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Jenn: I'd like to add my name as well. I can surely come up with something by December.

Board footer