Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Owl New York City, NY

I've noticed all the adorable elephants on here and ebay. The artist bear world is new to me, and while I'm not surprised to find lots of dogs and bunnies as well as bears,  I didn't expect to see elephants! Is there a history behind them, or are they a new craze?

I really love them and eventually I'd like to try one. Can anyone recommend a pattern, or special tips for making trunks?

Kilde Posts: 186

Hi  bear_original

Welcome to TT  bear_flower

I don't know if there is a story behind the elephants - but they are cute  bear_tongue

Monica's Attic Treasures has made a cute elephant pattern:

http://www.monicasattictreasures.com.au … s%20p.html

I haven't made this elephant but I have made other bears from Monica's patterns and I love her patterns  bear_grin  They come with very clear instructions. Take a look at her website - she has lots of great tutorials as well.

I found another cute elephant here

http://www.bearessence.com.au/

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

As far as I'm aware, Elephants have always been a popular non-bear, ranking up there with cats, dogs and rabbits... they have a separate section in my soft toys collectors guide, and there's some pretty old examples in there bear_original

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

Australian Bear Creations VOlume 12-6 which is only 2 issues ago had a great elephant with a wired trunk and ears and also holding a rose in his open mouth. It was a great pattern with some some wonderful techniques. Oh he also had needlefelted toes!!

Well I thought he was pretty cute!

karenaus Melbourne
Website
Kilde wrote:

I found another cute elephant here

http://www.bearessence.com.au/

hehe thats my elephant bear_happy ...  I had wanted to do an Elephant for ages and finally got around to designing one- I was put off by the thought of turning the trunk! But it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Now I want to design more Elephants bear_original
      It's often funny how so many people can pull the same idea out of thin air at the same time- without knowing others are working on the same thing, and without a common inspiration (like for instance, Pirates inspired by Pirates of the Carribean movies) It's almost like its just in the air, waiting for people do discover it.

Owl New York City, NY

Thank you for the tips! Those are some really cute patterns...I'll look into them. bear_original

Karen, your elephant is so cute   bear_wub  bear_thumb ... and so are the rest of your patterns!  bear_grin

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Thank you Tina:)

Board footer