Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

I wanted to thank you guys for writing to me and being so kind, I have had the worst year of my life I have lost 4 people that are very close to me. One was a very dear gentleman that was like a father to me.  Also I have had a woman try to ruin my business on ebay. I guess with all the stress it just wore me down and I got really sick , but I am feeling better and after reading about what happened to Susan I am just really MAD. I had a friend call me last night and tell me what happened to Susan and she had mentioned me in her post. I have not been on the computer much at all and haven't listed in so long or visited TT. 

Also the "Bear Hugs for Hope" campaign has been very frustrating, I am so not pleased with the Susan G people. I am not thrilled to be raising money for them, I am honored to donate to breast cancer awareness but I think they have gotten too big. I talked to a husband of a woman who had breast cancer and he had so many horrible things to say about them. I will post in the Bear Hugs for Hope thread to update everyone. What would everyone think if we just used the Bear Hugs for Hope as a slogan to promote charities that are important to us, lets say that when you want to raise money for Habitat, you regisiter on ebay thru their charity feature and the sub title could be Bear Hugs for Hope. And maybe you want to donate to a childrens charity you could do that.  What do you all think?

I hope everyones auctions are going well, I have missed seeing all of your wonderful creations and I look forward to seeing all the great things you guys make and list on ebay.
Big Hugs
Jodi

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Jodi it is so good to see you are back, so sorry you have had such a hard time  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs
Vicki

K Pawz Guest

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: Jodi Jodi Jodi!!!! So good to have you back! I have missed you dear heart! and all of our chats too! So very happy to have you back. Hang in there, and you know my email addy if you ever need to chat, or vent, giggle or laugh!

Hugs,
Krista

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Jodi:   I'm so glad to have you back. Sounds like you had a really bad year. I'm surprised to hear about the Susan G. Koman group and the trouble you've had with them. Take care, feel better and PM me anytime. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

So glad to have you back here Jodi and sorry that you have been going through a rough patch.
Best wishes ahead.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

Thanks guys you are so sweet,  it is amazing how someone can become so sad, it makes them physically ill.  I just didn't want to get on here and wallow in my grief, and man was I wallowing. I kept thinking "snap out of it!" but I would just start crying over the dumbest things. The thing I have missed most is seeing everyones work, I have been going thru all the pictures in the gallery and man all I can say is "Wow!!!!" you all have been turning out some amazing pieces, I hope they have done well on ebay, I don't even know how ebay is doing , my poor dad loves when I list stuff and he keeps asking if I have anything new on ebay and I keep saying no and he looks so sad and worried.

I don't know how those of you, that do this as a full time job,  does it.  I can not work when I am sad, does anyone else feel this way? How does one force themselves to create when they just don't feel that way, what is a good way to motivate yourself? 

I have really enjoyed going back thru some of the topics I missed, some of you guys just really crack me up and it made me realize I really missed it here.

Big Hugs
Jodi

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

great to see you back here...i admit to being worried about you when noone had heard from you... :hug:  :hug: i hope the next year is a great one for you,
Natasha

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey, Jodi . . . welcome back - at least I hope you're back.  Very sorry about your troubles and hope things are turning around for you.  I may be treading on thin ice here and poking my nose where it doesn't belong, but I'm saying this out of concern for you.  Your symptoms sound very much like depression and you might feel a lot better if you took an antidepressant for a little while.  I've been on antidepressant medication for a long time and it makes all the difference in the world.  Now I'll back off.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Good to see you back online Jodi I hope all is going well for you now bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Oh Jodi !!! So glad to see you here again. I was really worried , and thank you for you e mail . Remember...I am here !!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Jodi.... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Strike A Paw Posts: 535

Jodi, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and other happenings this year, but I am so very glad to hear your back and wish you all the best in the months to come!!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs,

Julie

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Jodi, so sorry to hear about the terrible year you have had and do hope things are looking up now.
It is very hard, if not impossible, to be creative when you have been so down but maybe now you can slowly try to get back into it and I am sure once you start in the creative juices will start to flow once again.
Sending you big hugs!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'm glad you're back! Missed you! I hope things are turning around for the better for you and things begin to look up.
I hear you about the whole charity thing. It's soo sad these days you have to watch out for that, but what do you do.
Anyway, just glad you're back. I've really missed seeing new bears of yours!

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Hello Jodi, nice to see you here again, sorry to hear things haven't been so good but glad you are feeling a little better.  :hug:  :hug:

Pauline

burlisonbears Burlison Bears
Louisville, Kentucky

Jodi

So sorry to hear of your bad year. I know what you mean about how hard it is to create when you are sad. I have depression and some days it takes awhile for my medication to kick in and I just can't get motivated to create a new critter when I was just excited about it the day before. It can be very frustrating.

I hope things will pick up for you soon. I have something that may cheer you up...I will be sending it next time I take a load to the post office.  bear_original

You hang in there, and I hope to see some of your new creations soon.

Many hugs to you.... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm glad to see you posting again, too, Jodi.  bear_original

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Welcome back Jodi!!! Can't wait to see your little critters around here again. Any mice on the horizon?

It is so nice to be back, I must say today was a really wonderful day and I guess sometimes it's easy to think about the negatives in life and not realize you have so many amazing wonderful things all around you. 

I was talking to my youngest son and we had talked about how sad that the weekend was over and how could we make Monday more fun, so he said why don't we do something fun every Monday and call it Funday instead. So today being Monday we did just that.

Today we had a low humidity, sunny, almost fall like day. Myself, my youngest who is 11 and two of his friends, went down to the local park near the river and they have an area that looks like an island and there are several Buckeye trees on this area and when my son was little we went down there found the buckeyes and named the area "Buckeye Island" every year when we know the buckeyes are ready, we go there and collect buckeyes, throw a few in the river and plant a few, so to insure Buckeye Islands future  bear_original .

Then when we got home we made candy buckeyes,  bear_tongue

Kim Endlich called while I was getting ready to go on our adventure, I told her what I was getting ready to do and I had no idea there was anyone that didn't know what a buckeye was. So we collected some really great ones and we are going to send some to Kim.  I even got some, still in the shell, which are the best, because they are so beautiful when they come out and you never know how they are going to be shaped or colored (dark brown or light brown or a perfect wood grain).

After we got done and came home and sorted all our buckeyes my son looks up at me and thanks me for the really fun day.   bear_wub

Hugs
Jodi

I must say I have enjoyed reading up on all the TT happenings!!!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow Jodi that sounds like you had great fun. I must admit I too didn't know what a buckeye was so I searched it on Google and found it was what we call a 'conker'...well they say you learn something everyday don't they.  bear_grin

Hugs Jane.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

What a great day ...you need to make sure you have more of them !! bear_grin

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Jodi: I'm so glad you are back. It sounds like a horrid year. Don't worry about the Susan G. drive. You don't need this on your plate. I think people will work with their charaties regardless. At work we donate to the Susan G. foundation every year....I think you need to take care of yourself...... :hug:  :hug:

Stellajella Wien

Jodi,
I hope that after you very far down that you are now up again!  Your post about Buckeye island sounds very hopeful.
When I find  the first buck eye of the fall, I keep it as a good luck charm in my handbag, and funnilly enough I found out, that the wife of one of my friends does just the same.
I hope that you kept a buck eye, that will spoil you with good luck!

Gaby bear_flower

Keeping the first buckeye for luck, that is a really great idea. I am such a pack rat I have a full drawer in a hobby cabinet filled with buckeyes from last year and I got the same amount this year, one day when I leave this world, my poor sons will probably open a closet and a ton of buckeyes will come pouring out.  bear_wacko  bear_original

Does anyone have any great buckeye crafts?

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Jodi .... your too funny !!! But I must admit ....I hear the Ohio State fight somg in my head !!! :crackup:

Board footer