Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

NewelleyBears Newelley.Bears
Harrow, Ontario

And The Winner Is.....

Drum Roll Please....

Congratulations to Patsy of Patsy Lake Bears!!!!

Patsy, I will PM you, so that you can send me all of your shipping information.  Thanks to all for signing up for the draw!

Jeremy

Okay, so here is the deal...

I have a subscription to Teddy Bear & Friends, but it always takes SOOOO very long to arrive to me all the way up here in Canada!  I was at my local bookstore sometime last week and bought a copy (Sept/Oct 2007) because frankly, I had forgotten I had a subscription and by the time I realized it, I wasn't too concerned because I knew it would be WEEKS before my own copy arrived in the mail....Impatient, I KNOW!!!  LoL  Anyways, I thought I would have a little raffle for some of my TT'r friends that for some reason of another have a hard time obtaining this magazine.  Here's how it'll work...This is open to ANY TT member from anywhere across the globe.  If you have a hard time finding this magazine locally, just reply to this post and let me know that you want it...On Sunday Sept. 16, 2007, I will place all of the names of the people who replied into a hat and draw ONE name out of the hat.  The winner will be announced sometime on Sept. 16 and I will also PM the person to let them know that they have won!

Good Luck To All!

Jeremy
Newelley.Bears

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

If know one wants to reply I wouldn't mind the copy....can't get any teddy mags here where I live.

Jane D. Teddies to Treasure
Midland, Ontario

I have a subscription so don't need to take part but thank you anyway.Just wanted to say that my magazine is always so late too! two weeks ago they were given out at the door to customers at the TBOV show in Toronto.It was the Sept-Oct. issue. I didn't take one because I was sure it would be in the mail by now-NOT!Yet I have received notices about renewing my subscription. Sincerely Jane D.

K Pawz Guest

I'm in the same boat as you guys, I have a subscription but it is sometimes easier and quicker just to go to the bookstore and pick it up, weeks before it arrives at my door. Oh yeah, but the renewal slip is never late!

Hugs,
Krista

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

How nice of you Jeremy! I'm sure some of the TTer's from farther afield will be eager to enter your draw. I'm in the same boat as Krista and Jane - I know I'm getting my subsrciption copy SOMETIME but I'm sure it'll be LONG after your draw. I WILL be patient and wait though as I don't need two copies when some can't get one!  bear_grin If we had any stores nearby that carried it I wouldn't have a subscription but there aren't any so I just have to WAIT and WAIT!!! Actually seems like it was only a few weeks ago that I got the August issue! bear_grin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Have you all actually complained to the circulation dept. at Madavor? How about their customer service dept? The toll-free number is: 800-437-5828..... don't know if it's toll free in Canada but worth a try. How about even addressing the issue to Mindy tho' I'm sure all she can do is pass the word along.

All of you without your current issue yet are in Canada it seems. I'm sure the mags are shipped media mail which is slow enough here in the states, I can just imagine how much slower it is getting across the border to Canada. It always amazes me how slow mail to Canada can be! There may not be a single thing that can be done unless the magazine is willing to change their shipping method to Canada which would no doubt increase your subscription rate. No one complains about TBR so I'm either to believe that fewer folks subscribe to that one or they don't have the same distribution problems. I don't get that one so have no idea. But my TB&F is always right on time.

Do any of you in Canada get the British or Australian Mags? I was curious how quickly you receive those.

K Pawz Guest

Hi Daphne, I also subscribe to TBR and it always comes on time, I think??? Same month as TBand Friends but always about two weeks before.... but the one that blows me away is my Teddy Bear Scene, like clockwork every month, I recieve it the same time every month, I think actually before it is on sale, I get it around the twelth of the month and it says on the website on sale the 15th so I am guessing I get it perfectly on time!

Hugs,
Krista

K Pawz Guest

Oh forgot to add....I did contact Madavor once and they said that I should have had it by then so they sent me a new one, and guess what both arrived within days of each other, so I think it is just the snail mail bulk shipping of the mags because the one they sent to me the second time came much quicker than the bulk mailing that my first one was in...who knows!

Hugs,
Krista

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I get TBCI and it's always right on time.... I often get it before the issue is put on their website!

It seems that perhaps Madavor Media who publishes TB&F needs to address their delivery problems. But they aren't going to know that unless they get enough complaints directly to the company to draw attention to the problem. That means that although it's nice to be able to voice our concerns, vent them even, here on TT and other such forums, it's even more important that you go to the source of the problem and tell them.

Something about "the squeaky wheel......." bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

We were posting at the same time, Krista. Good for you for calling. I guess it is the bulk/media mail method by which the magazines are shipped.

Jeremy, didn't mean to take over your topic by discussing the delivery times of all the magazines... but you wouldn't have an extra copy to give away if the magazines were delivered in a timely manner.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Daphne, I believe that Teddy Bear and Friends is mailed out from a distribution center in Canada - which means it has to be first sent to them and sent out to all of us.
I am surprised that you get your TBR earlier, Krista, I think I more often than not get them both the same day!!! I certainly don't find that TBR is much faster - but I never see TBR on the news stands here (Chapter is about the only place that carries teddy bear mags and they only have TB&F, the Australian mag, TBS, and sometimes TBCI - although I don't think I've seen it lately) so not sure when it comes out but I know that if I am town to see it TB&F is on the news stands weeks before I get my copy. I also had TB&F mail me a copy once when mine was REALLY late and they figured it was lost in transit and I got the two copies within days of each other.

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Jeremy I have mine already but what a really nice thing to do :hug:
Hugs
Jodi

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

This is a really kind offer Jeremy, I can never get hold of Teddy Bear and Friends here in Belgium, so I would be over the moon with a copy, so please enter me in the draw  :dance:

Thanks,
Catherine

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I never get to see a copy of Teddy Bear and Friends so please can you pop me...whoops,  bear_grin   not me just my name into the hat. Thanks Jeremy that's so thoughtful of you.  bear_thumb

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Could you please enter my name into the draw too  :hug:

Hugs
Vicki

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

I would love my name to be added Jeremy  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

puca bears puca bears

All this talk of magazine delivery dates - I was expecting my TBS yesterday.......and it's STILL not here.....WAIL!

But the Sept TB&F - I believe that my little "Bluebottle" has put in an appearance.............is there some kind soul who has the magazine and access to a scanner, who could copy the page for me????? PRETTY PLEASE??????????????? I would be eternally grateful!
big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:

Kilde Posts: 186

That is so kind and thoughtful of you, Jeremy  :hug:

I would love to have my name added to the draw - it is impossible to find any bear magazines here in Denmark and when I buy some, I have to order them from the Internet and wait forever for them to arrive.

Thank you  bear_flower

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Still waiting for my issue as well - but a friend was at the Ottawa TBOV show on Sunday and got a copy! My dragon was in it - so pleased! Now I'm anxiously waiting for mine! and yes Maria - your Bluebottle is there as well.

Marion

puca bears puca bears

Thanks, Marion......and nice to hear your dragon is there too!!! congratulations!
huggies
Maria :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Here you go, Maria . . . . sorry it didn't print very well - it looked a lot sharper before I uploaded it.

Bluebottle_for_Maria.jpg

puca bears puca bears

Sue Ann
thank you SO much ! I really appreciate it.  Jeremy lifted the article off the TT page, and it has come out perfect!

BIG huggies
Maria  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Harrow, Ontario

Any last minute takers?  I will be drawing the name on Sunday night!!!

Jeremy

Harrow, Ontario

And The Winner Is.....

Drum Roll Please....

Congratulations to Patsy of Patsy Lake Bears!!!!

Patsy, I will PM you, so that you can send me all of your shipping information.  Thanks to all for signing up for the draw!

Jeremy
Newelley.Bears

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

WOW Patsy you had better go out and buy some lottery tickets- winner of both draws!!!
Hugs
Gail bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Board footer