Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a site that offers old/antique keys for sale?  I know of the lady who offers keys that Angie wrote about on the "other" board, I was just wondering if anyone know of any good suppliers that I can actually see the keys before purchasing?

Many thanks,
Danni

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Danni,

Cute new avatar bear.  I have never bought  keys online.  I have always come across them at flea markets and antique stores.  Some antique stores, at least in California and Oregon, carry reproductions that look great and are very affordable.  They're even dark and rusty.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I ususally look on eBay.  Don't forget shipping costs though... those keys are heavy!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ahhh okay thanks Girls :D

Laure, thanks for your comments on my new Avatar bear.  He is a cutie, and I LOVE the collar!!

I'm just wondering about rusty keys.  Can the rust someone come off onto the mohair??  Anyone had any problems with that?

adamsgirl Cheektowaga, New York

Hello Everyone!
I use "rusty" stuff on most of my bears and never had a problem with the rusty stuff coming off.  I wonderful site to go to is: http://www.rustytin.com .  Shop there all the time!!
eBay also has a few sellers listing old keys and such!
Hope I helped!!
Darleen

Board footer