Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Jane D. Teddies to Treasure
Midland, Ontario

Hello everyone-My bear Miss Francesca von Gerber (namesake of Mitzy Gaynor) was a runner-up in the Miss Octobearfest contest.She was presented with her tiara by the human and very beautiful Miss Octoberfest 2007 .There were 12 entries and lots of fun. We also received a gorgeous Autumn flower bouquet and a cheque!!! I also met Pearl Hamilton one of our TT girls whose bears are exquisite. We made a trade and I am really pleased with my "Pearl's Bear".I am trying to send a photo of Francesca.I hope it works.Mer Bear has tried to help me with this but I continue to fail to understand-this is a more positive way to say "I am really dumb!!! Sincerely Jane D...PS Jeremy-where were you???

Midland, Ontario

101_9224-Small.JPGI have just tried to resize.Hope it works this time.Thanks for your patience.Sincerely Jane D.

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Congrats Jane what an honour. Hope the show was good , we were out of town so couldn't attend.

Can you give us a show report??

big hugs Shane

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

OH JANE!!!!!!!!!!!  She's just beautiful bear_wub
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
You must be thrilled!!!!!

I am sooooo happy for you.

Big hugs!

AndreaM :hug:

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I still think she deserved to win = what a lovely bear she is!

Marion

Midland, Ontario

Thank you Shane, Andrea and Marion-The show was lots of fun as usual.The day did not start too well as we had a terrible storm just as everyone was unloading.Torrential downpours-everyone was running in all directions.Drippy hairdos were the order of the day. However we were all soon pacified with Chris and Karen's delicious coffee and breakfast! Everyone seemed to sell a couple of bears but it was more admirers than buyers.A great atmosphere-lots of questions and interesting people from far and wide to chat to.The contest was fun and Miss Octoberfest was a beautful charming girl who presented our awards.Lots of press there too from the local newspapers.It really was a lovely way to spend the day.Your donated prize bear was greatly admired, Shane and Steven.Lots of tickets were sold on it to benefit the homeless.Great of you to do that.You were missed! Sorry not to meet Jeremy after all and Mer Bear but she was home cooking dinner for a MERE 25 people.LOL! Hopefully even more people will join us next year.Sincerely Jane D. PS Andrea I hope you had a wonderful weekend with your artist's event!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Thanks for the update Jane,  I'm glad you liked the bear we did for the door prize, we had a lot of fun making him and as soon as Chris asked us we said absolutely.  I'm glad they sold lots of tickets on him , the money is going to a really good cause, glad to here you had a good time (sorry to hear about the darn rain).   Wish we could have been there, perhaps next yr we will be able to attend. 

big hugs

Shane

NewelleyBears Newelley.Bears
Harrow, Ontario

Hey Jane...Cheri, Bob & Anja were all telling me that you were looking for me!

I am soooo sorry I wasn't able to attend.  My travelling buddy bailed on me last minute and my car was (and still is) making a weird knocking noise, so I thought it was best not to travel that far with my car being in the condition it was.  Hopefully we will be able to meet up another time.

Jeremy

Board footer