Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Whew! the report for my missing sewing bag is finally finished.  I Would very much appreciate your prayers for the return of my cute, new rolling backpack, containing lots of important bear making stuff, including mohair, indespensible tools, original patterns and my nice digital camera. 

I documented everything as best as I could, with receipts for high ticket items where possible.  Thanks, everyone, for your help in how to do it, especially your advice about the patterns.  I have enclosed copies of receipts for bear sales of the missing patterns as well as I could recall, with color pictures of each bear.  As for the estimated value, I counted the specific bears I could find sales receipts for, of the missing pattern bears, and totalled the sales amounts for those bears. then I divided by the number of those bears in the reciepts I sent, to get an average representative price.  I multiplied by 3 for an extremely conservative estimate of how much I might expect to earn from each pattern, and multiplied x 8 because I think there were about 8 patterns in the bag.  I was a bit surprised by the resulting total.  Gosh! those things really are valuable!

Tomorrow I will send the 11 page report to the airlines' Central Baggage Services by certified mail.
  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I do hope you get your bag back. Maybe when the airline sees your conservative estimate for your supplies and camera they'll look a little harder. Good luck.

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

I've got everything crossed for you Laure!

AndreaM bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wishing you MUCH good luck, Laure, in the return of your bag - with all contents intact!

puca bears puca bears

And more of the same from me - fingers and everything crossed for you.
I can't imagine losing some patterns - I swear if our house caught fire, my first thought would be to grab mine....

huggies
Maria :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Oh Laure, I hope you get your bag back.  And soon too. 
My daughter lost her back pack at the Orlando airport 2 years ago and it was turned in to the lost and found so we got it back.
Here's hoping and praying someone will also turn in your lost bag too. :pray:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Keeping everything tightly crossed that they'll look a little harder to find your wayward bag  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

I do hope and pray that this claim gives them the urge to look a little further to find your missing bag.  It must have been devastating to loose all your gear and patterns as well.  I would not be a happy camper at all.  So much gear we accumulate is just irreplaceable.

Board footer