Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Aren't those kind of experiences what makes life so Rich and rewarding?  and its a memory that can never be stolen, flooded, burned up or burglurized-it is always yours.

bear_laugh As usual, you've nailed it, Dilu  :angel:

Dame Margot was a bit long in the tooth, but she danced a perfect little Juliet. You would have sworn she was no more than 13!  Amazing!

Rudi floated through the air as if there were no gravity onstage. He seemed to land like a feather, and only when he wanted to. I've never seen anything like it before or since. It's still mine, and that was 30 years ago!

Eileen

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Someone...and again I can't remember...said that you have to reduce the head a bit more when reducing your patterns because the head looks too big...did you find that to be true?  I'm having a hard time with that concept of proportion...mathematically speaking.

Hi there!  That's probably me that you are referring to... I did post that I had to change the proportions somewhat in my bears when I went from little to big....  I think what I actually said, or at least what I actually meant to say, was that when I go from a pattern that I've designed as a mini and try to enlarge it into a big bear pattern... say going from a 2 inch to a 14 inch bear... I have to enlarge the head less.  I think that's because my minis look better to me as fairly big headed things... and I tend not to like a big-headed look in my larger bears.  It's just a personal preference for me though... it's certainly not a hard and fast rule about reducing or enlarging in general...  It's all about what appears right to YOUR eye.

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I was wondering that too Kim. Thanks alot for the info
Heather

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hmmm

Kim,

When I scan and reduce a pattern I still keep the head 10% bigger, (Yes you sillies snickering out there, I am talking about teddies not gollies  bear_wub )  Mainly because I like a slightly larger head, gives them a gamine look-hmm

I'll have to dig one up and post a pic.....

bear_tongue

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

bijou1.jpgWell, I've finally managed to catch up with most of the new topics here since I was away - I just wanted to say a special thank you to everyone that helped on this mini topic, with your tips and enthusiasm I managed to finish my first ever mini bear (made of schulte mohair) and I did rather enjoy making him - found it relaxing apart from the turning inside out part  :doh:  Here is little Bijou - at 3.7" -

Hugs
Catherine

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_wub Catherine, he's definitely a jewel! Bravo, girl!  :thumbsup:

Eileen

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, he's darling, and that photo is wonderful, too. bear_happy

DSC00950-2.JPGHere's a 14" bear I reduced down- to 6"

Kept the head 10% larger

he's been in the closet-probably about 12 months old.....I think he needs some shading....

DSC00944-2.JPGsince were doing miniminis-  here's some Ornaments for the tree for this year....I hope to find enough mini instruments, that I can afford, so that I can have aa whole orchestra.....
bear_tongue

DSC00939-2.JPGHere's another little guy I found hiding in a box.....He's about 6"

bear_tongue

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gosh, Dilu . . . can't believe you'd be hiding these guys in a box in the closet!!  Wow!!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:clap: Dilu's bears are out of the closet!!  :dance:

They're wonderful, Dilu! I like little ones shaggy.

CRSCraft might have mini-instruments, but I'd wait until the Christmas ornaments start appearing in stores . . . about a week or two from now . . . and look for mini-horns and harps and things.

Eileen

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Dilu...these guys are cute !.Cathrine...little Bijou is darling, he can ccome for tea at my house anytime.
I love the little miniatures.....Winney

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Dilu, lovely bears. You should show us more!!!!!!! I know you have them in hiding somewhere.
My favorite is the Santa bear. Soooo cool!!!  a070.gif
And don't forget to check ebay for cheap mini's.
Heather

ellen ontario, canada

jeepers Dilu!!   you bin holdin out on us!  your mini band members are FABULOUS!  we want more! we want more! we want more!
bear_thumb

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I agree Dilu - you were holding out!!! the bears are so cute!

Board footer